2021 season thread

Glad to see Truex win. He is my #2 behind Harvick. I can’t think of anybody in any sport who was as Shitty as MTJ was his first 10 or so years and then just flipped a fucking switch out of nowhere and became Elite like him. And he did it at a small team like fucking Furniture Row
MTJ was never a bad driver, he came to DEI when Teresa was going scorched earth, and then was second fiddle at MWR for a few years. The 78 was a mediocre ride when he got there, but after his first year Childress started really helping the team and then it became essentially a 5th Gibbs team

Glad to see Truex win. He is my #2 behind Harvick. I can’t think of anybody in any sport who was as Shitty as MTJ was his first 10 or so years and then just flipped a fucking switch out of nowhere and became Elite like him. And he did it at a small team like fucking Furniture Row
But Harvick’s first 10 years, he had fewer wins than Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle, Kurt Busch, Ryan Newman and Kasey Kahne in more time. He didn’t become elite until he was 10 years in, though I think a lot of that has to do with Childress not have equipment to consistently challenge Hendrick, Gibbs and Roush

Now that was funny. (Guy dressed as Kyle Busch and kid pointing. The bow at the end made it better).

Another race Larson dominated but didn’t win. 1-2-3-4 finish for Hendrick. That sucks, but impressive

Trucks racing in the rain, throttle control is not something they are use to

Not gonna be able to watch the race today. Go Allmendinger.

I mostly watched basketball and Phil winning the PGA, but what little I saw of this, this was a shitshow. That track was way too wet for them to be racing in.

NASCAR needs to be happy that this was worse than it was. Between the drivers not being able to see, and Custer getting out of his car while more cars were driving around him, it could have gone really bad.

I watched highlights this morning. I’m just not a fan of racing in the rain. It sucks in F1 too

Guess it's safe to say Hendrick is the top team again. They're dominating races with all of their drivers. Chase Elliott's championship last year wasn't legitimate, but he might get a legit one this year.

Guess it's safe to say Hendrick is the top team again. They're dominating races with all of their drivers. Chase Elliott's championship last year wasn't legitimate, but he might get a legit one this year.
By end of the season Larson might have something to say about that.

What an ass kicking Larson served up tonight. You know Chip is seething with his drivers finishing last and next to last while Larson just straight up out classed the field.

What an ass kicking Larson served up tonight. You know Chip is seething with his drivers finishing last and next to last while Larson just straight up out classed the field.
I think Chip sees NASCAR as a side gig. Indy is his love. I doubt he made the trip from Indianapolis to Charlotte for the 600.

Been in NASCAR for 20 years, Sterling Marlin and Kyle Larson are the only relevant drivers he’s ever had

Very clean race other than the field fillers being in the way all night. Don’t think there was a single spin, just remember a couple blown tires and an engine failure

I love me some AJ Allmendinger. He's good for NASCAR. Glad I bet on him. I hope he gets back in the Cup series full time next season when Kaulig goes full time Cup racing. It's the most road course centric the schedule has ever been. Get Allmendinger a good car, he can win. He's another big personality and the Cup Series desperately needs more big personalities. Harvick has gotten soft in his old age, and even the Busch brothers have mellowed out.

You could hear the frustration in the announcers voices that Quinn Houff stalling on the track brought out the caution there. It’s a shame too, it was gonna be real interesting between Larson and Truex with Larson being faster but having worse tire wear than Truex. Caution probably takes away Truex’s chances

Might be time to park Bowman. He’s a dart without feathers today