2021 season thread

Dega has no lights and it’s Monday. This race is over. Good for Bubba.

But speaking of black race car drivers, I think a NASCAR team needs to pick up Ernie Francis Jr. He dominates Trans Am and was really impressive in the SRX series. Kid’s a wheel man, and the Busch Series would pay more than Trans Am.

You'd think Tony Stewart would put him in something considering how much he talked about him during the SRX season. Like a few races in an Xfinity car to see what he'd do. He clearly thinks highly of him. Maybe Francis just isn't into stock cars right now

He raced 117 laps out of 188 and it was stopped on 118 to see if the rain would stop. 38% of the race wasn't run as competition. A win is a win no matter how you get it but I'm not impressed. Always gonna be a big * next to this one.

He raced 117 laps out of 188 and it was stopped on 118 to see if the rain would stop. 38% of the race wasn't run as competition. A win is a win no matter how you get it but I'm not impressed. Always gonna be a big * next to this one.
Plate tracks in general need to be taken with a grain of salt. They’ve really become jokes.

You'd think Tony Stewart would put him in something considering how much he talked about him during the SRX season. Like a few races in an Xfinity car to see what he'd do. He clearly thinks highly of him. Maybe Francis just isn't into stock cars right now
He’s started a couple Busch races in back market equipment and has made a few starts in the regional series races. I think he’s interested in stock cars, and I think he’d be really good if he’s given good equipment and enough time to learn and develop

Yeah, Bubba won fair and square, but definitely need to not put too much stock into it. Several drivers have got their only win on Superspeedways. Derrick Cope, McDowell, Trevor Bayne to name a few. Their careers are nothing to write home about. So far, Bubba has ran 143 Cup races with 6 top 5 finishes. All but 1 of those top 5 finishes have been on Superspeedways.

Yeah, Bubba won fair and square, but definitely need to not put too much stock into it. Several drivers have got their only win on Superspeedways. Derrick Cope, McDowell, Trevor Bayne to name a few. Their careers are nothing to write home about. So far, Bubba has ran 143 Cup races with 6 top 5 finishes. All but 1 of those top 5 finishes have been on Superspeedways.
Cope also had a win at Dover

Michael Waltrip had 784 career starts, won only 4 races and all of them were at superspeedways lol

and Ward Burton will go down in history as a winner of the Daytona 500

Bubba is the epitome of mediocrity. I'm tired of hearing the dude's name tbh

Michael Waltrip had 784 career starts, won only 4 races and all of them were at superspeedways lol

and Ward Burton will go down in history as a winner of the Daytona 500

Bubba is the epitome of mediocrity. I'm tired of hearing the dude's name tbh
Do not besmirch the name of Ward Burton. The man who tamed the track too tough the tame twice, along with The Rock and New Hampshire.

Richard Childress wanted to hire him after he was done at Bill Davis, but AOL wanted a younger driver, so Kevin Harvick had Johnny Sauter as a teammate along with Robby Gordon

Do not besmirch the name of Ward Burton. The man who tamed the track too tough the tame twice, along with The Rock and New Hampshire.

Richard Childress wanted to hire him after he was done at Bill Davis, but AOL wanted a younger driver, so Kevin Harvick had Johnny Sauter as a teammate along with Robby Gordon
lol, i was just a kid when he was racing but i do remember when he won the 2002 Daytona 500 and i thought "WTF"

but yeah, winning at Darlington and the Rock is much more impressive than anything Waltrip did or Wallace will ever do.

lol, i was just a kid when he was racing but i do remember when he won the 2002 Daytona 500 and i thought "WTF"

but yeah, winning at Darlington and the Rock is much more impressive than anything Waltrip did or Wallace will ever do.
I loved Ward Burton. NASCAR needs personalities like his. He was like Joe Nemechek as a driver, was never gonna be consistent enough to be a title contender, but had the ability to put it all together every now and then and everyone loved it when he did.

He even threatened to shoot Dale Jr in a live interview after Jr dumped him at Bristol. You’re just not gonna get that today.

But, yeah, I agree with your point overall, your first win at a non plate track will be a bigger deal

Harvick just took out Chase Elliott, and Chase completely whiffed when trying to pay Harvick back.

Could be an interesting post race.

Chase deserved it. Fuck him and his fake "championship"

He won at the Rock in the Hardees car. I was at the race listening to Rusty on the scanner. Rusty everyone of the last few laps "we are going to win this.' The final lap when he realized he couldn't catch Burton " We are going to protest this." That was also the race where Jeff Gordon started yelling at Evenham and Brooke came over the radio with "Jeff what have I told you about that language?" Jeff's reply was "I'm sorry he will not happen again."

Harvick just took out Chase Elliott, and Chase completely whiffed when trying to pay Harvick back.

Could be an interesting post race.

Chase deserved it. Fuck him and his fake "championship"
while this keeps things interesting. The Sad part is it allows Larson to stay in the Chase.
I wanted to see the most dominate driver to get the boot so I could laugh at the Chase some more.
Now I will just have to settle for laughing at Chase.

He won at the Rock in the Hardees car. I was at the race listening to Rusty on the scanner. Rusty everyone of the last few laps "we are going to win this.' The final lap when he realized he couldn't catch Burton " We are going to protest this." That was also the race where Jeff Gordon started yelling at Evenham and Brooke came over the radio with "Jeff what have I told you about that language?" Jeff's reply was "I'm sorry he will not happen again."
He was in the MBNA 22 when he won at the Rock

Literally every other driver on the track would have been black flagged with the rear bumper hanging off the car like that

HAHAHAHA karma bites back hard.

Harvick can't be mad at anyone but himself for that one.

Looks like Elliott will have the last laugh.

Worst season of Harvick's career since RCR fell off the map in 2009.

With Tony Stewart having his own racing league and Gene Haas's F1 team failing, I wonder how much interest they have in their NASCAR team, I mean they even replaced Chase Briscoe with Riley Herbst in the Busch Series.