2022 Season Thread

Ah. Cool. You've never been concussed before, have you.
I don’t go to the doctor. The old drivers had concussions too. They didn’t miss races because of them. And I find it hard to believe that a football player can get a concussion and might have to miss one game, but Kurt Busch has been out for like two months

Wonder how many more consecutive races Harvick has to run to break the iron man record. Got suspended for a race early in 2002, hasn’t missed a race since. I know Gordon had a couple more years, but the season was shorter in the 90’s.
Harvick will break the record in mid 2024.

FWIW, it doesn’t sound like Logano was complaining about Chastain’s move. He said it was awesome, just wondered how safe it was.

Larson is the only driver I’ve seen really complain about it.

Hamlin seemed ok with it and he’s who it hurt the most and Harvick has been praising it on Twitter all morning, but said what we all knew, it never would have worked with the old car and it’ll probably never work again

These new cars suck and these Championship 4 races suck. Everyone just gets out of the way and lets the top 4 run up front. That’s not how it should be
The cars will be better than the Gen 6 when they get the tire and safety issues figured out.

Agreed on the championship 4 races. The playoffs in genera are rightfully mocked throughout the rest of the racing world. It’s a Mickey Mouse gimmick and embarrassing. And there’s been 8 championship 4 races now, and each time the eventual “champion” won the race. The odds of that happening naturally are slim to none. You’d think at least once in 8 years a driver not in the final 4 would dominate the race and the “champion” would finish 4th

That was 1984. Only real men raced in Winston Cup then.
Yeah & Rudd was a tough SOB.
I remember one race Dale Earnhardt blacked out before the green flag even flew.
A lot of shit wasnt known about Concussions ensech back in the 80's.
You guys remember Ernie Irvans eyes (or Davey Allisons for that matter) after their wrecks.
DW & his broken leg getting in & out of the car to start a race to get points. Nowadays just get a waiver & miss a bunch of races & still compete for a chumpionship.
Drivers getting in with broken arms, wrists, shoulder blades, sternums etc....

Now. Just come back when you are feeling better. You will still in contention.
Drivers back then were a different breed. (they had to be)

Nascar itself nowadays is more about sales than it is about the racing or earning championships.

Yeah & Rudd was a tough SOB.
I remember one race Dale Earnhardt blacked out before the green flag even flew.
A lot of shit wasnt known about Concussions ensech back in the 80's.
You guys remember Ernie Irvans eyes (or Davey Allisons for that matter) after their wrecks.
DW & his broken leg getting in & out of the car to start a race to get points. Nowadays just get a waiver & miss a bunch of races & still compete for a chumpionship.
Drivers getting in with broken arms, wrists, shoulder blades, sternums etc....

Now. Just come back when you are feeling better. You will still in contention.
Drivers back then were a different breed. (they had to be)

Nascar itself nowadays is more about sales than it is about the racing or earning championships.
You nailed it.

That Earnhardt blacking out race was at Darlington, 1998. I was there.

Jimmie Johnson is buying a part ownership team in Petty GMS and will drive part time for them

Kinda sucks since I’m pretty sure he had the record for most races in NASCAR Cup history only using one number

All that talk from drivers not going to let Gibbs win and he has dominated.

So what happened for Austin Hill to sucker punch another driver after the race.
Might be the best punch I've seen in Nascar.

Something going on with Ty Gibbs. Will not race today due to family emergency. You would assume he has a hangover, but all Nascar media is acting like this is a serious issue.

Something going on with Ty Gibbs. Will not race today due to family emergency. You would assume he has a hangover, but all Nascar media is acting like this is a serious issue.
Rumor on Reddit is Coy died, but that’s unconfirmed and hopefully not true