2023 Concerts

Yup. Ridiculous.

U2 is dogshit tho. I'd pay $72 to open-hand slap Bono in the face tho.
Chill Leopard GIF

I paid nearly 600 bucks to see Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers and they’re not even mainstream acts.

To see Willie Nelson, Jason Isbell, Billy Strings, Charley Crockett and Larkin Poe was like 80 bucks

But, yeah, you couldn’t pay me to see U2 in concert. They’re the Garth Brooks of whatever kind of music they play.

I paid nearly 600 bucks to see Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers and they’re not even mainstream acts.

To see Willie Nelson, Jason Isbell, Billy Strings, Charley Crockett and Larkin Poe was like 80 bucks
Damn. $600 is a lot. Hope you had good seats.

But, yeah, you couldn’t pay me to see U2 in concert. They’re the Garth Brooks of whatever kind of music they play.
I saw them, they weren't bad. I was there to see Muse open for them but I was pretty surprised by how much I enjoyed U2...and I change the station when I hear them come on the radio.

Damn. $600 is a lot. Hope you had good seats.
They were, it was a great show and considering everything got shutdown like 2 weeks later, it was worth every penny

TBH, it was a pretty mediocre concert, but still im a U2 guy.
You do you I guess.

I was pretty underwhelmed by Marshall Tucker Band’s current lineup since most of the original band is dead, but I still love me some MTB

Yup. Ridiculous.

U2 is dogshit tho. I'd pay $72 to open-hand slap Bono in the face tho.

If you are paying for that opportunity it would seem to indicate that Bono is aware and/or in on the whole thing. I only assault Bono unexpectedly when there is no benefit to him.

The Wire Code GIF

I bet that Sturgill and Tyler didn't know about how you were all gettin' ripped off until you told 'em, and then at the end they played the concert for free while the fella that sold you the tickets went to jail. Or maybe I watched too much TV as a kid. :noidea: :laugh:

I bet that Sturgill and Tyler didn't know about how you were all gettin' ripped off until you told 'em, and then at the end they played the concert for free while the fella that sold you the tickets went to jail. Or maybe I watched too much TV as a kid. :noidea: :laugh:
I got to sing “Nose on the Grindstone” and “You Can Have the Crown” onstage and got the first pick of groupies.

I think I might have to make it a point to try to see Tenacious D in 2023 if I can

I think I might have to make it a point to try to see Tenacious D in 2023 if I can

It looks like you're probably going to have a day of travel regardless of which show on their tour you'd hit, so you might as well hop the pond to France to catch them at Hellfest. :nod:

It looks like you're probably going to have a day of travel regardless of which show on their tour you'd hit, so you might as well hop the pond to France to catch them at Hellfest. :nod:
I'm in Rome in Sept already...I'd be ok with 2 Euro trips though

Hell Fest is on my 40th birthday too

I'm in Rome in Sept already...I'd be ok with 2 Euro trips though

Hell Fest is on my 40th birthday too
Sounds like a good way to spend a birthday to me...

:beer2:

attachment-WTR23_Official_Admat.jpg

I've officially got tickets for this.

The plan is... My wife & I are going to drive down to my brother & his wife (who lives in the Tampa area). We'll then take his RV across the state and camp at the festival for the whole weekend. We'll also stop and visit my wife's father in NC on the way there or back (haven't decided that yet).

Still trying to figure out how to get tickets to see Tyler Childers this summer. He is trying to avoid ticketmaster but how his tickets are being sold is not clear at all. There's no way all his shows are sold out.

Zach Bryan is doing something similar, so I'm tracking his stuff too.

Also looking to go see The Mountain Goats sometime this summer.