2025 Recruiting Thread

great sign that it was him not Pettijohn :)
They're still high on Pettijohn. They only took 2 actual LBs in the last 2 classes combined, so they could easily take 3 in this cycle.

They're still high on Pettijohn. They only took 2 actual LBs in the last 2 classes combined, so they could easily take 3 in this cycle.
we are hard after him.. we were also trying to grab the LB from CA.. but he's been getting CBs to SC after his last visit :(

Lincoln finally got his DC hire correct

we are hard after him.. we were also trying to grab the LB from CA.. but he's been getting CBs to SC after his last visit :(

Lincoln finally got his DC hire correct
Yeah I'd definitely say TX has the lead for him at the moment, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be over any time soon necessarily.

damn this was the other LB UT was trying to get on.. like I said Lincoln is getting his defense together, finally
1712022806057.png

UT better close on Pettijohn and Barnes at LB now

damn this was the other LB UT was trying to get on.. like I said Lincoln is getting his defense together, finally
View attachment 118101

UT better close on Pettijohn and Barnes at LB now
The LB we just got the commitment from this weekend is all over Pettijohn. Hopefully we can get into striking distance, though I think we still have an uphill battle.

The LB we just got the commitment from this weekend is all over Pettijohn. Hopefully we can get into striking distance, though I think we still have an uphill battle.
Good thing he sucks and is from FL..

:)

#HookEm

QB Zollers just committed to Mizzou over UGA.

NIL played some part, but PT was the big thing per the Insiders. Our QB room is solid ... he's got a much clearer path at Mizzou.

Got get for that dweeb, Drinkowitz.

Holy Shit what a day for OU. The Sooners get a top 10 defensive lineman. He picks OU over Ohio St. and Penn State. This should move OU to #4 in the class.

Holy Shit what a day for OU. The Sooners get a top 10 defensive lineman. He picks OU over Ohio St. and Penn State. This should move OU to #4 in the class.

I've noticed a few guys recently have committed to places "over Ohio State". I've legit never even heard of this guy and he's never been mentioned in the OSU recruiting circles.

I've noticed a few guys recently have committed to places "over Ohio State". I've legit never even heard of this guy and he's never been mentioned in the OSU recruiting circles.

I mean, he did have an offer from Ohio State so there is something there, but it doesn't look like there was ever much interest from him so not sure how much Ohio State pursued it after the scholly offer.

They aren't wrong, though, if a scholly was offered, in saying that he chose them over Ohio State

He visited you guys. He only visited OU once. He took like 10 visits to Penn St and was a heavy lean that way. It's just Todd Bates doing work here. We have been able to get a few lately from the Maryland/DC area.

it's weird.. people just look at offers and come to the conclusion that they were obviously takes

I mean, he did have an offer from Ohio State so there is something there, but it doesn't look like there was ever much interest from him so not sure how much Ohio State pursued it after the scholly offer.

They aren't wrong, though, if a scholly was offered, in saying that he chose them over Ohio State
certain schools carpet bomb states with "offers" doesn't make it committable.. usually it's an offer to come visit the school and work out for them

WHAT TRENT WILSON SAYS ABOUT OKLAHOMA

"They have a great culture and a great tradition over there," Wilson said. "Todd Bates' and coach (Brent) Venables' chemistry stood out to me. They have a great resume and put defensive linemen in the league."

WHO ELSE WAS IN THE MIX?

Wilson held offers from across the country and made a bunch of visits, but he listed a top four of Oklahoma, Ohio State, Penn State and Texas A&M. Coming out of the winter window, Penn State was considered a slight leader by sources close to Wilson, but the March visits changed his recruitment. He made it to Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Ohio State last month, and Sooners separated themselves from the pack.

I mean, tons of kids get offers from OSU but he was never a major target of ours by any means. It just seems like clout-chasing to say he picked them "over Ohio State" when he was never really a major target to begin with.