2025 Recruiting Thread

Dorian Brew was set to announce in late January but pushed his date out. Still looks like he's all-OSU though.
we been hearing he's trending to UT now.. which would be a shock coming from his family.

we been hearing he's trending to UT now.. which would be a shock coming from his family.
Everything I've read is that he's still considered an OSU lean but is making visits. Was at USC end of January and I think is visiting LSU, and had USC and Oklahoma visit him. Saw he was at Texas a few weeks ago but that's all I've seen linking the two.

Everything I've read is that he's still considered an OSU lean but is making visits. Was at USC end of January and I think is visiting LSU, and had USC and Oklahoma visit him. Saw he was at Texas a few weeks ago but that's all I've seen linking the two.
just repeating what our $9.95ers are saying.. they are implying we are the reason he came off his date. They also think the kid from Alabama committing to y'all also has him looking towards us now.

But I personally feel it hard to believe he doesn't end up in Columbus..

just repeating what our $9.95ers are saying.. they are implying we are the reason he came off his date. They also think the kid from Alabama committing to y'all also has him looking towards us now.

I was reading OSU told him they wanted to recruit him as a CB/S and so he backed off just to look around, but was ready to commit before that. Could be wrong, but wherever he goes he'll be a stud.

Whitfong CB for Faheem Delane to Ohio State (#1 S in the 247 composite)

Gonna be a hell of a DB class if they keep it all together in the end.

Ohio State insiders are still saying they would be shocked if it was anyone but Ohio State.

I take whatever these "insiders" have to say with a grain of salt considering it's still their job to generate clicks. Texas website isn't gonna get any clicks by saying "oh well hes going to ohio state so moving on"

Ohio State insiders are still saying they would be shocked if it was anyone but Ohio State.

I take whatever these "insiders" have to say with a grain of salt considering it's still their job to generate clicks. Texas website isn't gonna get any clicks by saying "oh well hes going to ohio state so moving on"
I know he's committed and seems very locked in, but I'm going to wait til Offord is signed and on campus before getting too optimistic.

honestly they usually are pretty straight forward with players.. like they been saying the stud in Galveston is likely going to ou.. We offered him at LB but apparently he's been wanting to play Safety.. we finally offered him at safety but the boat has already sailed..

But I wonder what DB recruiting will be like in state.. Sanchez is gone, Sellers is leaning heavy towards ou.. there is another Houston kid that never got an offer for us and looks to be choosing between LSU and aggy.. I know they are still in the evaluations stages but TX is top heavy for secondary players...yet the staff seems to be focusing on players in AZ and FL.. Brew withstanding which again money is on tosu still

I know he's committed and seems very locked in, but I'm going to wait til Offord is signed and on campus before getting too optimistic.

Yea same, any kid from SEC country I pretty much assume is not going to end up being in the class until they sign on the dotted line with how that usually goes for us.

Yea same, any kid from SEC country I pretty much assume is not going to end up being in the class until they sign on the dotted line with how that usually goes for us.
Thankfully I think Sanchez is completely locked in, we're in great shape with Brew, we also have Woodby (top 100 recruit) and CB and McNutt from Cleveland is a top 5 safety along with Delane. We're in great shape to hit that number of 6 however it shakes out.

Thankfully I think Sanchez is completely locked in, we're in great shape with Brew, we also have Woodby (top 100 recruit) and CB and McNutt from Cleveland is a top 5 safety along with Delane. We're in great shape to hit that number of 6 however it shakes out.

Yea even if Offord ends up jumping to some SEC school in the end we will end up more than ok. Might end up having to replace him with someone of lower quality but I think we end up with at least 4 high level guys.

friday morning on a longhorn daily youtube live show... his momma showed up in the chat for no rhyme or reason other than to say that UT didn't recruit him as hard as tosu.. then got upset when other users said they couldn't blame the staff after all the misses from North Shore.. She did mention how aggy is still talking to them though.. which i know they will til the end

Yea even if Offord ends up jumping to some SEC school in the end we will end up more than ok. Might end up having to replace him with someone of lower quality but I think we end up with at least 4 high level guys.
I saw that this would be the first player to sign with OSU from Alabama in like 40+ years, which would be wild.

friday morning on a longhorn daily youtube live show... his momma showed up in the chat for no rhyme or reason other than to say that UT didn't recruit him as hard as tosu.. then got upset when other users said they couldn't blame the staff after all the misses from North Shore.. She did mention how aggy is still talking to them though.. which i know they will til the end
Yeah you mention A&M, I don't see that being much of an issue. Only thing would be if Offord, Brew, Woodby, etc. make the room too crowded, but nothing else at A&M seems worrisome.

Yeah you mention A&M, I don't see that being much of an issue. Only thing would be if Offord, Brew, Woodby, etc. make the room too crowded, but nothing else at A&M seems worrisome.
don't sell money and being an hour away from home...short

Yep. We've seen plenty of guys who looked like locks drift away because of massive NIL bags in the last couple of years.
yep.. and they have had a reputation of making huge offers

don't sell money and being an hour away from home...short
I get it, and if it was Texas you might have a better point. A&M, even with an upgrade at HC with Elko, is still a mess. This kid's entire family has been recruiting for OSU non-stop since he committed.
Yep. We've seen plenty of guys who looked like locks drift away because of massive NIL bags in the last couple of years.
I can't think of any that looked like "locks" that we lost to NIL. Maybe Mark Fletcher at Miami?

The Oklahoma Sooners hot start in the 2025 recruiting class continued Sunday morning with a commitment from offensive tackle Ryan Fodie.

In addition to the Sooners’ offer, Fodje holds offers from Texas, Texas A&M, Oregon, Nebraska, Missouri, Tennessee, and USC. He’s considered a top 30 offensive tackle prospect in the 2025 recruiting cycle but could see his stock rise.

I get it, and if it was Texas you might have a better point. A&M, even with an upgrade at HC with Elko, is still a mess. This kid's entire family has been recruiting for OSU non-stop since he committed.

I can't think of any that looked like "locks" that we lost to NIL. Maybe Mark Fletcher at Miami?

I'm not speaking of just Ohio State, but players in general have seemed like locks to certain schools then end up having a late game "change of heart" because someone throws a massive NIL bag their way.

Recruiting now a days is really never over with NIL fully in play.