76ers Regular Season

fucking idiot

“After being fined for missing Philadelphia’s preseason loss to the Toronto Raptors on Monday night — a penalty of roughly $360,000 — Simmons’ representation had another discussion with the players association in which it was reiterated they would be unable to recoup the money being deducted from the $8.25 million sitting in escrow, sources say, and it was communicated to the Sixers that these early fines were perhaps higher than they expected.”

should we start a new 2021-2022 season thread?

What's the deal if he rejoins the team, then immediately claims he has back stiffness for the rest of the year???

I would have to believe that Ben/Klutch are unwilling to lose that much money and that he has to return in order to raise his trade value back up.

Philly hopes that either Portland or Washington start the season 0-10 and a trade happens.

What's the deal if he rejoins the team, then immediately claims he has back stiffness for the rest of the year???

I would have to believe that Ben/Klutch are unwilling to lose that much money and that he has to return in order to raise his trade value back up.

Philly hopes that either Portland or Washington start the season 0-10 and a trade happens.
beal seems like a loser too, though

live look at Ben arriving at the practice facility.

well, this sucks, seems a fun player to watch that i can't recall having the chance to vs. the sixers

Love it. Was waiting for the Ben press conference that was going to happen today at noon and all the tweets that had come out right then about him being suspended, etc...

what a fucking diva.

alright, opening night. what stories do we have on tap to start the season

alright, opening night. what stories do we have on tap to start the season

I really like the package they sent out for season ticket owners.

the whole Spectrum look is cool.

Love it. Was waiting for the Ben press conference that was going to happen today at noon and all the tweets that had come out right then about him being suspended, etc...

If I was the fathom a guess here is the plan I believe the Sixers are going to take. They are going to let Ben listen to his moron agent Rich Paul and lose a shit ton of money. I think the Sixers have admitted this season is a wash. They are not going to win a title because the distractions are going to be too much. They are also not going to let Ben screw them over either. Also this will set a bad precedent.

They are going to let his behavior cause a few suspensions and when he does not stop it will get to the point they can suspend him for the entire year and that will cost him move than $40 mil. They have every intention to trade him.......when they are good and ready and get a good return.

Point Furkan!!!

If I was the fathom a guess here is the plan I believe the Sixers are going to take. They are going to let Ben listen to his moron agent Rich Paul and lose a shit ton of money. I think the Sixers have admitted this season is a wash. They are not going to win a title because the distractions are going to be too much. They are also not going to let Ben screw them over either. Also this will set a bad precedent.

They are going to let his behavior cause a few suspensions and when he does not stop it will get to the point they can suspend him for the entire year and that will cost him move than $40 mil. They have every intention to trade him.......when they are good and ready and get a good return.
I disagree with your first assertion. I don't think the sixers are going to look at the season as a wash. Embiid is nice. Can't waste his years. That said, I don't see them budging on Simmons. Not even going to be a distraction. They'll do with him what he does, which is probably not play him, league might finally look to get value from him to get rid of the situation to be honest. Don't think the team has any pressure, though. Klutch/Lebron has been making moves for a minute and Lebron is about done. Rich P doesn't have the cache he thinks he did. Ben is also a cat with 4 max years left, which is unprecedented in this situation. Ain't no team taking this petulant child bull shit, let him rot and lose that money.

Reactions: ill
Portland lost to Sacramento at home...

#braindead GIF by CBS

I think the Sixers are no worse without Ben. Without Ben the spacing is great for Embiid. Maxey is fine as a 3rd option scorer ... better already than anything we can get out of Ben Offensively and he'll only get better. Would have been nice to actually have gotten "something" for Ben when he had more value, but in the end we will be fine without him.

I think the Sixers are no worse without Ben. Without Ben the spacing is great for Embiid. Maxey is fine as a 3rd option scorer ... better already than anything we can get out of Ben Offensively and he'll only get better. Would have been nice to actually have gotten "something" for Ben when he had more value, but in the end we will be fine without him.
I think we could definitely use him on the defensive side of the court. Despite the dislike for him right now, he brings a good amount to the court...

I do just wish he would shoot the ball...

I think we could definitely use him on the defensive side of the court. Despite the dislike for him right now, he brings a good amount to the court...

I do just wish he would shoot the ball...
i mean, it would be interesting to see how he'd look on the defensive end this year when the league is cutting back on some of those bull shit fouls the offense would try to initiate, but the team looks much better on the offensive end and that's with Embiid laboring out there.

sixers have even dealt with some injuries and keep on trucking. it's been a fun start to watch. Curry has been as nice as ever. he started off nice last year, covid messed him up a bit and he was back to crushing in the playoffs. it's crazy to think another team wasn't able to unlock this earlier.

I knew Niang and Drummond would be on upgrade over Scott and Howard (still don't see how people thought he was doing great in the role, was an offensive foul waiting to happen trying to set a pick and nothing else). All I knew of Niang was he was a 40% shooter from 3, he's been able to do a bit more on the O than just that, which I wasn't expecting, pairs well with either Embiid or Drummond (who again, unlike Howard, can create some things on offense).

Maxey showed a willingness to pick it up on D last year and that's still coming along this year.

Being down so many players on a b2b tonight (albeit against detroit, but still), i was skeptical of a starting lineup with curry, shake, and maxey, as there wasn't a ballhandler left to lead the 2nd unit, but Doc made the rotation work when mixing in Drummond, BBall Paul, and Niang. Was fun to see Reed and Drummond on the O boards together.

Reactions: ill
i mean, it would be interesting to see how he'd look on the defensive end this year when the league is cutting back on some of those bull shit fouls the offense would try to initiate, but the team looks much better on the offensive end and that's with Embiid laboring out there.

sixers have even dealt with some injuries and keep on trucking. it's been a fun start to watch. Curry has been as nice as ever. he started off nice last year, covid messed him up a bit and he was back to crushing in the playoffs. it's crazy to think another team wasn't able to unlock this earlier.

I knew Niang and Drummond would be on upgrade over Scott and Howard (still don't see how people thought he was doing great in the role, was an offensive foul waiting to happen trying to set a pick and nothing else). All I knew of Niang was he was a 40% shooter from 3, he's been able to do a bit more on the O than just that, which I wasn't expecting, pairs well with either Embiid or Drummond (who again, unlike Howard, can create some things on offense).

Maxey showed a willingness to pick it up on D last year and that's still coming along this year.

Being down so many players on a b2b tonight (albeit against detroit, but still), i was skeptical of a starting lineup with curry, shake, and maxey, as there wasn't a ballhandler left to lead the 2nd unit, but Doc made the rotation work when mixing in Drummond, BBall Paul, and Niang. Was fun to see Reed and Drummond on the O boards together.
couldn't get the game last night, which was disappointing.

but I agree with everything you said.

a lot of players stepping up to fill the void, but also they are getting their opportunities.

thybulle now added to the list of walking wounded. BBall Paul coming straight out the mud to start tonight. let's see if the depleted sixers have another one in them