April 8 Total Solar Eclipse thread

Do you really think the weather guessers can predict 10 days out? That forecast will likely change 3 - 4 times before you get there.
8 days, but sure -
weathermen are consistently wrong,
but 3 days of rain in the forecast
doesn't bode well -

Do you really think the weather guessers can predict 10 days out? That forecast will likely change 3 - 4 times before you get there.

Regarding precip and amounts can change considerably in that time.

However, it being sunny or cloudy not so much. That's likely what the models are picking up on.
It can be overcast but not raining much if at all.

Regarding precip and amounts can change considerably in that time.

However, it being sunny or cloudy not so much. That's likely what the models are picking up on.
It can be overcast but not raining much if at all.
We got a mix of sun and warm, then snow and cold. I subscribe to "eye witness weather". I open the front door and witness the weather!

We got a mix of sun and warm, then snow and cold. I subscribe to "eye witness weather". I open the front door and witness the weather!

You're talking to someone that's in a 20 month drought.

There have been plenty of forecasts for precip here in that time. We may not have gotten the precip, but we damn sure got the clouds.

Regarding forecasts for rain/snow even 24 hrs out, I subscribe to "I'll believe it when I see it".

However, if they're forecasting precip, I'd bet money on it at least being overcast.

You're talking to someone that's in a 20 month drought.

There have been plenty of forecasts for precip here in that time. We may not have gotten the precip, but we damn sure got the clouds.

Regarding forecasts for rain/snow even 24 hrs out, I subscribe to "I'll believe it when I see it".

However, if they're forecasting precip, I'd bet money on it at least being overcast.
Be like.......

giphy.gif

Kidding aside. I love Texas. Got drunk in Arlington a few times. Went to a restaurant called The Traildust steakhouse once. A bit tacky where they cut off your ties and all, but fucking awesome mesquite wood grilled ribeyes.

That's my story, too.

I hate to jinx it for us, but the weather is predicted to be perfect Sunday, Monday and Tuesday...so even the bookend days are good.

No you didn't.

Yup. I was at the University of MI. Everybody was outside. They handed out those paper glasses that are so powerful it keeps you from going blind when looking at the eclipse. Was lame.

Yup. I was at the University of MI. Everybody was outside. They handed out those paper glasses that are so powerful it keeps you from going blind when looking at the eclipse. Was lame.
Nope.