April 8 Total Solar Eclipse thread

Looks like the partly sunny forecast for Syracuse, NY, this morning has turned into a mostly cloudy forecast . I could have driven on I-81 North a measly 250 miles from Philly if the weather had co-operated. Looks like we'll have decent partial eclipse in Philly on a partly sunny afternoon. :beer2:

A little of being in the dark.

A little of struggling to be in the right position.

A little of oooooing and aaaahhhhhing.

And before you know it, it's over.

Who knew viewing an eclipse would be just like having sex?

A little of being in the dark.

A little of struggling to be in the right position.

A little of oooooing and aaaahhhhhing.

And before you know it, it's over.

Who knew viewing an eclipse would be just like having sex?
Waiting for 2099 to do it again?

A light, in the black? Or just a fear of the dark?

We seent it. Clouds didn't matter one whit. We only got 99% totality but still pretty cool.

High, thin clouds here. We'll get 97+% totality. Close enough.

It was totally clear here.....kinda disappointing.

All glasses were alteady gone.
And me,I looked at it anyways like 3 times with a pair of sunglasses on and you could tell the moon was in the middle of.....
Took me about 15 minutes before my eyes got back into focus.....I can see why they warned about looking into it without the specialty lens.

Didnt get dark here,just got a little that was hardly noticable......
My m-i-l lives in Kentucky on the western side by Kentucky Lake,she aaid there was not much there either......

It was totally clear here.....kinda disappointing.

All glasses were alteady gone.
And me,I looked at it anyways like 3 times with a pair of sunglasses on and you could tell the moon was in the middle of.....
Took me about 15 minutes before my eyes got back into focus.....I can see why they warned about looking into it without the specialty lens.

Didnt get dark here,just got a little that was hardly noticable......
My m-i-l lives in Kentucky on the western side by Kentucky Lake,she aaid there was not much there either......
I live about 50 miles from the totality line. The southeastern sky 20 minutes after sundown dark.

Waiting for 2099 to do it again?
Might consider going somewhere else to do it sooner.

Have to see where path of totality crosses a red-light district.

I had a phone-reminder set up since 2017 to call Enchanted Rock State Park to reserve a camp site (on the first day one can do so) for the upcoming solar eclipse. I did it, and I have a primitive campsite in my name. But I moved to NOLA recently, and had to give the campsite away to my buddy.
šŸš«šŸŒž

I didnā€™t get killed, raptured, raped, ā€˜alternate timelinedā€™ or nuthinā€™.

ā€¦I demand a refund.

Are you absolutely sure about that?
Idk GIF