Got my Series X preordered!!

sorry @OregonDucks i may have spoke too soon (i thought i owned ncaa football 14 for the xbox one i was wrong, xbox 1 released in 2013 same time and assumed it was for the one since i stopped buying 360 games then)

OMG my Xbox is sitting on my porch. Just leaving Seattle now on a flight. Can’t wait to pop that open tonight!

OMG my Xbox is sitting on my porch. Just leaving Seattle now on a flight. Can’t wait to pop that open tonight!
Fuck that my best buy order says it won't be here til Thursday. My microsoft order says today but hasn't updated.

Aren't you worried having it just sitting on your porch

This time of year porch pirates get bold and drive around looking for packages

Fuck that my best buy order says it won't be here til Thursday. My microsoft order says today but hasn't updated.

Lol. "This time of year" We have those pieces of shit pretty frequently year round here.

When's the anticipated price drop for these anyway, summer?

Lol. "This time of year" We have those pieces of shit pretty frequently year round here.

Series X?? HA i dont know if there will be, most people who tear them down are amazed they are even 500 (they really should be more)

We haven't had that problem in our neighborhood, pretty rural subdivision + I have a camera pointing right at it.

Got home, got it all plugged in, smelled the awesomeness of the new plastic smell, and then I had to download like 100GB of Warzone lol. I got up this morning and it downloaded everything but the high def texture update (I'm assuming they just released for next gen) bastards! but I was able to play a couple games this morning and it's like butter, even without the additional HD texture pack. The load time is insane. I had an SSD on my xbox one and it would load me into most games around 40 seconds left in the waiting room. This thing is like boom, in the game. And the visual difference is crazy, excited to see what it's like after that update downloads. It actually took some getting used to because things were so smooth and so clean looking.

I also like the update to the controller. They changed the dimensions ever so slightly and it seems to fit a little better in the hand, and the textured trigger buttons/grips are really nice. Warzone looks amazing so I'm excited to see what an actual next gen game looks like. Thinking about grabbing the new Assassins Creed game.

The worst things that happen around my neighborhood is like twice a year, we have like multiple days in a row where someone walks around and takes stuff out of people's unlocked cars sitting in their driveways.

The worst things that happen around my neighborhood is like twice a year, we have like multiple days in a row where someone walks around and takes stuff out of people's unlocked cars sitting in their driveways.
Yea, my immediate neighborhood isn't bad at all. The porch pirate thing though, around the city in general, has gotten to a point where cops aren't even wasting a penny of resources and encouraging neighbors to "look out for each other". I'm pretty obsessive about tracking my packages though...leaving a $500 piece of gear outside? Anxiety city.

Yea, my immediate neighborhood isn't bad at all. The porch pirate thing though, around the city in general, has gotten to a point where cops aren't even wasting a penny of resources and encouraging neighbors to "look out for each other". I'm pretty obsessive about tracking my packages though...leaving a $500 piece of gear outside? Anxiety city.
Only time I was really worried is when I had my macbook sitting outside when it came back for repair a few years ago.

We haven't had that problem in our neighborhood, pretty rural subdivision + I have a camera pointing right at it.

Got home, got it all plugged in, smelled the awesomeness of the new plastic smell, and then I had to download like 100GB of Warzone lol. I got up this morning and it downloaded everything but the high def texture update (I'm assuming they just released for next gen) bastards! but I was able to play a couple games this morning and it's like butter, even without the additional HD texture pack. The load time is insane. I had an SSD on my xbox one and it would load me into most games around 40 seconds left in the waiting room. This thing is like boom, in the game. And the visual difference is crazy, excited to see what it's like after that update downloads. It actually took some getting used to because things were so smooth and so clean looking.

I also like the update to the controller. They changed the dimensions ever so slightly and it seems to fit a little better in the hand, and the textured trigger buttons/grips are really nice. Warzone looks amazing so I'm excited to see what an actual next gen game looks like. Thinking about grabbing the new Assassins Creed game.
FedEx fucked me mine is out for delivery now it says.

I can't wait I have a samsung evo SSD on my Xbox one x probably going to stick with my elite series 2 controller cuz paddles in warzone is a must

FedEx fucked me mine is out for delivery now it says.

I can't wait I have a samsung evo SSD on my Xbox one x probably going to stick with my elite series 2 controller cuz paddles in warzone is a must
Honestly, one of the reasons I was so happy about getting mine on Amazon is knowing they have the shipping thing down. I can't wait to get home and see what it looks like with the HD patch installed. It's like playing a different game. And the system is super quiet compared to my xbox one. Can't hear it turned on at all.

Honestly, one of the reasons I was so happy about getting mine on Amazon is knowing they have the shipping thing down. I can't wait to get home and see what it looks like with the HD patch installed. It's like playing a different game. And the system is super quiet compared to my xbox one. Can't hear it turned on at all.
Mine was at FedEx Friday November 6 with standard overnight shipping. FedEx dropped the ball big time

Lol I don't have loud xbox ones but I replaced the thermal paste and cleaned them out inside some time back for my kids. The one x(s) hasn't been loud but I hear the series x is exen quieter under load

I didn't pre-order or anything, are they available at most places still?

I never understood why each time these new systems come out they are always short handed. You'd think they'd understand by now to make them in massive quantities before the first release date.

I didn't pre-order or anything, are they available at most places still?

I never understood why each time these new systems come out they are always short handed. You'd think they'd understand by now to make them in massive quantities before the first release date.
Ummmm i have no idea but i doubt it

I'm staying up tonight to try to get an in store PS5 at midnight. Sony fucked the pooch with their sham of a pre-order system.

Bah you get 2 replies.

So obviously COVID limits production not to mention the whole idea is they design these and have to produce them before the technology inside them becomes stale/obsolete

So this year is like king for gaming. Nvidia GPUs launched AMD CPUs launched and are spanking Intel in single core and gaming now, AMD GPUs will launch here in a week and we'll start seeing benchmarks on those too, then you have XSX and PS5 launching all this puts manufacturing at a limit, and it isnt like a phone where people replace them every year (though i suppose it is getting close) so manufacturing facilities dont run non stop cranking out hundreds of millions when in a lifetime 40+ million might be expected over 7 years?

I'm staying up tonight to try to get an in store PS5 at midnight. Sony fucked the pooch with their sham of a pre-order system.
Gross a PS5 first?

I was all in on preording XSX but am holding off on the PS5 just because the hardeware is inferior to the XSX and i dont play single player games but the PS5 has its unique advantages here and there but i am more than happy to wait til stocks are there

I will probably hold out then on getting the new xbox until the new season of sports games start to show up. So I'll likely buy one this Summer.

I will probably hold out then on getting the new xbox until the new season of sports games start to show up. So I'll likely buy one this Summer.
If you are not in a hurry and dont like the bleeding edge of technology i would hold off. :D it is stressful to enjoy having the newest shit first not only just being able to get your hands on the merch but then the bugs and glitches that surely follow :D (but it is fun!!)