Harbaugh facing 4 game suspension

Does Harbaugh still get to coach the practices and what not? Just not the games? Or is it like a total ban for those 4 weeks?

Either way, this really isn't a big deal. I do agree the NCAA is annoying with how they oddly selectively enforce things sometime. It's just funny because Michigan people swear they are "above all this"

Man the Michigan boards are comedy over this.

Seeing suggestions that Michigan should ignore the NCAA, if they go undefeated the CFP will IGNORE any bowl ban laid down and take them anyway because "bowl bans really aren't enforceable" :laugh3:

Won’t be enough to save OSU. He’ll be back to face them and Jim Harbaugh OWNS Ryan Day

Won’t be enough to save OSU. He’ll be back to face them and Jim Harbaugh OWNS Ryan Day
Yep and that’s when he’s not even mad. With all of the hypocritical BS Buckeye fans are spewing right now, Michigan will probably gap OSU by 50 points.

Does Harbaugh still get to coach the practices and what not? Just not the games? Or is it like a total ban for those 4 weeks?

Either way, this really isn't a big deal. I do agree the NCAA is annoying with how they oddly selectively enforce things sometime. It's just funny because Michigan people swear they are "above all this"
By above "this" -- you mean -- meeting kids during a covid shutdown on "official" visits and buying them a $10 hamburger? I'm not sure that's the same thing as handing Cam Newton a bag of cash. This was a minor violation turned into a major violation because Harbaugh said "I don't remember" in response to them asking about it. Dude plead the 5th and got a major violation.

And more importantly, there's no way in the world the NCAA would hand out a 4 game suspension to an SEC coach for "misleading" the NCAA about buying a kid a hamburger.

Seeing suggestions that Michigan should ignore the NCAA, if they go undefeated the CFP will IGNORE any bowl ban laid down and take them anyway because "bowl bans really aren't enforceable" :laugh3:
I'm all for a good NCAA boycott, but it has to include more than one team. But no one is actually suggesting this beyond some 12 year old on a message board.

So exactly what Harbs did. I got it.
Come on now -- while I agree the OSU stuff was non-sense as well, i'm thinking it was much more than just the tattoos. It is out there the different perks players were receiving, like cars and such.

Harbaugh's issue with the NCAA stems from buying a hamburger for a recruit, but that isn't why they are trying to give him a 4 game ban. They said he wouldn't cooperate with the NCAA. That's why itp is a level 1 violation. The whole thing is ridiculous. I could see if he were giving out serious cash or something like that, but it all stems from a hamburger.

Come on now -- while I agree the OSU stuff was non-sense as well, i'm thinking it was much more than just the tattoos. It is out there the different perks players were receiving, like cars and such.

Harbaugh's issue with the NCAA stems from buying a hamburger for a recruit, but that isn't why they are trying to give him a 4 game ban. They said he wouldn't cooperate with the NCAA. That's why itp is a level 1 violation. The whole thing is ridiculous. I could see if he were giving out serious cash or something like that, but it all stems from a hamburger.
You mean, how Pryor had like 4 different $70,000+ vehicles "loaned" to him from a dealership during his time at Ohio State?
pryor-vette_thumb.jpg

terrelle-pryor-charger_thumb.jpg

pryor-challenger_thumb.jpg

In the era of NIL this would be totally legal, but you can't disregard the nonsense happening at Ohio State at the time and compare it to buying a kid a cheeseburger on an unofficial visit. Ohio State's violations were primary violations. Michigan's violation was a secondary violation, turned into a primary violation because Harbaugh didn't come clean about it.

, What else is Harbaugh hiding if he will easily lie about Cheeseburgers?
Extra pickles, maybe some onion rings. We need the NCAA to get the FBI involved and get to the bottom of this. What kind of bun was on the hamburger? Sesame seed or pretzel bun is definitely more high class buns -- definitely trying to sway the recruit.

Michigan boards are comedy, in general. We have some truly delusional fans. Had a guy arguing how Tom Brady was retiring so he could come back to be the QB coach for Michigan.:facepalm:

Yeah, the guy worth $500 million, at the time, married to the world's biggest supermodel, who is also worth $500 million is retiring from the NFL, so he can go back to college to coach QB's. Did I mention he also had a $375 million offer from Fox to be a NFL analyst.

I’d hope a cheeseburger wasn’t the deciding factor.
No it was the lies. The cheeseburger was a minor and nothing would have happened. Harbs chose to lie.

No it was the lies. The cheeseburger was a minor and nothing would have happened. Harbs chose to lie.
You said "lies" as in plural. You mean he said "I don't remember" when questioned about said cheeseburger?

And quite honestly, he probably did so thinking "I'm going to be in the NFL next season so fuck 'em"

I am guessing the got lots of perks. But they were not charged for those. The infraction was Tressel not telling the truth. He was notified of the tattoos and memorabilia and he said he wasnt.

Harbs himself bought the food, which is a minor, and then lied. His ban stems for telling a lie and of course not cooperating after his lie. The hamburger was a big nothing. Harbs choose to lie rather than just say, yes I did that sorry...

Harbaugh should pull a Giuliani "my factual statements were false"

You said "lies" as in plural. You mean he said "I don't remember" when questioned about said cheeseburger?

And quite honestly, he probably did so thinking "I'm going to be in the NFL next season so fuck 'em"
More than once. Lies.

He might have but doing that kinda screws UM. Shitty either way. Luckily UM schedules HS teams so no worries.

More than once. Lies.

He might have but doing that kinda screws UM. Shitty either way. Luckily UM schedules HS teams so no worries.
Except you're remembering that wrong. The violations the players committed were, in of themselves, MAJOR NCAA violations. Then Tressel lied to cover the MAJOR NCAA violation up. Tressel didn't just resign because of this once incident, it was a pattern under him while at Ohio State, all nicely detailed here:

So no, Tressel didn't just get fired because he lied about minor things. Tressel got fired because he had a history of NCAA violations, knew about his players committed major NCAA violations, covered them up, played those players and then got caught covering up MAJOR NCAA violations. He didn't just simply buy a player a cheeseburger and lie about it.

Now, looking back, those things being done would be legal now. But it doesn't change what occurred in the era of football that it did.