Little shit

Pulled the dash back apart, for the fuck of it. Inside the cluster there are colored light caps, that make the display look green. I always hated it, but had no idea I could anything about it.

Turns out, you can, and it's easy. 16365057482663438458112830891557.jpg

Always hated the green color.

I wish this was 4x4. Still the crewcabs are cool as fuck
Yes they are, I see a few of them running around town here mostly 4x4s. My dad had a 74 long bed supper cab, it took a blueprint to park that thing.

I loved the green color.
I'm not sure you are ever going to find a place to stop that you're happy with.

Looks good
If I had one of the green trucks I would keep it. Its so much brighter without the lens though too. I just like it better with the warm white light. Goes better with the truck. I kept the lenses anyway. only takes about 20 minutes to take it out and put them in. After opening up the cluster, I am tempted to run LED strips behind, and use color changing ones, so i can make it any color I want.

My son is all into that shit, and is really good and putting little led light strings together in custom ways. I could totally hide them in the cluster, and put them on a remote.

If I had one of the green trucks I would keep it. Its so much brighter without the lens though too. I just like it better with the warm white light. Goes better with the truck. I kept the lenses anyway. only takes about 20 minutes to take it out and put them in. After opening up the cluster, I am tempted to run LED strips behind, and use color changing ones, so i can make it any color I want.

My son is all into that shit, and is really good and putting little led light strings together in custom ways. I could totally hide them in the cluster, and put them on a remote.
You gonna give this to yer son?

You gonna give this to yer son?
My daughter wants to drive it. She has never driven a stick. I have taught 3 different people to drive a stick in it, to pass their driving test for UPS. They all passed. If you can drive this, you can drive any manual transmission.

Probably going to show her soon.

She has never driven a stick.

gear GIF by The Grand Tour

Been trying to work out a way to mount a spare tire under the back of the bed, where the rear gas tank used to be. The tow hitch I put on, either would have forced me to mount the tire in a uneven way, or push the spar against the exhaust pipe.

Took the hitch off today, and cut some of the braces off. I'm not planning on doing any towing, but this set up will still be strong enough to use, but not going to haul a 30 toy hauler or anything.

20211113_162841.jpg20211113_163611.jpg20211113_185248.jpg20211113_192752.jpg

Cut a piece of cardboard to fit in here.

20211113_192649.jpg20211113_192538.jpg20211113_192620.jpg20211113_192507.jpg

Going to swing by a junkyard this week and look to snag a spare tire hoist from a newer F250. Back when this truck was built they only had mounts in the bed, if you had the rear tank. There was another set up, that was like a drop rack, that totally sucked, so I'm not doing that.

Since there is no longer a gas tank, and I don't want to weld over the rear gas tank door, I am going to make a rod and swivel, to feed up to that gas cover, to put the lug wrench on, and drop the tire. 20211113_162957.jpg

I drank a sixer of elysian space dust, and smoked a grip of dank, plus a couple of 16 ouncers....while doin' jack shiit

I wish this was 4x4. Still the crewcabs are cool as fuck
They sure are, especially the older ones like yours. I really like how you took the trades serious when you were younger and you took courses and classes. I wish I had taken my career more serious when I was younger.

And Pete, I used to go to the junk yard every weekend! That was AFTER I finally stopped going to the night clubs every weekend.