Little shit

So after roughing in my contraption to lower and raise the spare tire winch, I decided to tear it all back out and put it together properly, with some linkage and bearings. Probably overkill, but I just thought I may need to be able to take it apart, or service it, and didn't want to have to cut it apart if there was a problem.

Also cleaned up the top side so it looks a little better.
20211121_132741.jpg

Had some 5/8" square tubing, with solid square rod that sleeves inside the tubing. So I made a linkage with that, and welded the square rod onto the ends of the round rod. Drilled holes and connected it. Then I had a wheel axel, and bearings, so I drilled a hole in one end of that, and it fit snug into the square tubing.
20211120_224353.jpg
20211121_123508.jpg

Got it all put back together, and it not only works really well, but is now completely serviceable if needed.
20211121_132837.jpg20211121_132830.jpg

Pretty happy with it. Just need to actually get a spare now.

Finished off my spare tire deal. Got in touch with a local wrecker, and purchased a 16" rim, for a spare. The guy that sold it to me, shipped from reno to their sister company here. He told me" you know this is only the rim right?" I told I knew, and that I would get a tire. Went and picked that bitch, had a damn near brand new tire on that bitch! Hell Yeah!

Painted it to match the other rims, and hung that fucker today. Went it like a breeze. 20211203_131423.jpg20211203_132540.jpg

k GIF

So after roughing in my contraption to lower and raise the spare tire winch, I decided to tear it all back out and put it together properly, with some linkage and bearings. Probably overkill, but I just thought I may need to be able to take it apart, or service it, and didn't want to have to cut it apart if there was a problem.

Also cleaned up the top side so it looks a little better.
View attachment 49839

Had some 5/8" square tubing, with solid square rod that sleeves inside the tubing. So I made a linkage with that, and welded the square rod onto the ends of the round rod. Drilled holes and connected it. Then I had a wheel axel, and bearings, so I drilled a hole in one end of that, and it fit snug into the square tubing.
View attachment 49840
View attachment 49841

Got it all put back together, and it not only works really well, but is now completely serviceable if needed.
View attachment 49842View attachment 49843

Pretty happy with it. Just need to actually get a spare now.
That's really cool! So clever, man. Ingenuity and mad skills, you got 'em in Spades!

Finished off my spare tire deal. Got in touch with a local wrecker, and purchased a 16" rim, for a spare. The guy that sold it to me, shipped from reno to their sister company here. He told me" you know this is only the rim right?" I told I knew, and that I would get a tire. Went and picked that bitch, had a damn near brand new tire on that bitch! Hell Yeah!

Painted it to match the other rims, and hung that fucker today. Went it like a breeze. View attachment 51332View attachment 51333
What comes around goes around. Great job too.

@outofyourmind I had my water pump start leaking, so I went ahead and bought a new water pump and thermostat. Gut to pulling off the pump, and the timing chain cover plate popped loose at the top, so I figured I better just take it off and reinstall it.

Timing chain cover plate.jpg

@outofyourmind I had my water pump start leaking, so I went ahead and bought a new water pump and thermostat. Gut to pulling off the pump, and the timing chain cover plate popped loose at the top, so I figured I better just take it off and reinstall it.

View attachment 66877
Don't forget - if you put a few cut pieces of copper tubing in your water uptake, you won't get any barnacles growing in thar.
:thumb:
20210605_141347.jpg

View attachment 66877

was the water pump leaking thru the weep hole or did the gasket fail ??
in any event, that sucks

was the water pump leaking thru the weep hole or did the gasket fail ??
in any event, that sucks
20220406_124741.jpg

All back together and running. No leaking or issues. Had to drop the fucking oil pan to get the front seal in place. What a fucking job. My chest hurts from leaning against the front core support.

Brake booster went out, and when I pulled it, the master cylinder has a small leak. Looks like Saturday is a full brake fluid flush and booster MC installation day.