More Michigan Cheating

So would sending someone to record the signals of an upcoming opponent when they play 2 weeks prior be legal? Its just sign stealing...
They already record videos of signals. Thats why this is so dumb. This is what game tape looked like when this rule was enacted. IMG_9677.jpeg

His logic is that because sign stealing isn’t technically illegal whatever method you use to steal the signs shouldn’t be illegal either.
It’s not just “technically”. It’s very much fully legal.

I think there’s more here than just some guy in a crowd. The B1G alerting future opponents and Vegas being put on alert by watch dogs about Michigan games is pretty unprecedented.

I think there’s more here than just some guy in a crowd. The B1G alerting future opponents and Vegas being put on alert by watch dogs about Michigan games is pretty unprecedented.
That’s literally the only illegal aspect it could be. And that’s all that’s being alleged by the ncaa. It seems like there should be more to this because what’s being alleged is dumb

I see no other reasonable move by the NCAA other than Michigan being banned from post season play for 2-3 years beginning this season.

Sucks but, rules are rules :noidea:

Or rather investigations are investigations

That’s literally the only illegal aspect it could be. And that’s all that’s being alleged by the ncaa. It seems like there should be more to this because what’s being alleged is dumb

If Vegas actually does pull Michigan games off the books Michigan you can bet is in deep shit.

I also love the butt hurt OSU fans applying accusations this year to their ass kickings in the past two.

I just love watching MI fans try to give more excuses for cheating. Bless your heart.
What excuse is needed? It is no different than baseball. If you aren't trying to steal the signs of the other team, you aren't doing it right.

I would love to read about the vast network of people who hit the road to scout perennial powers UNLV, East Carolina, Rutgers, Nebraska, Bowling Green, Minnesota.

I'm confident -- this was reported to the NCAA by Ohio State. They are still upset they haven't beat UM on the football field since 2019, so they are coming up with excuses why.

I mean if y’all knew exactly what plays teams were running. You really wanna claim there’s no advantage to that?
Tell me you have never played football without telling me you have never played football. :facepalm:

I mean if y’all knew exactly what plays teams were running. You really wanna claim there’s no advantage to that?
That isn’t illegal. That’s called scouting. What don’t you grasp about that? Sign stealing is 100% legal. Yes. There’s an advantage. That’s why teams scout other teams and watch tape and try to steal signs. All of that is legal. Michigan is being accused of getting that information by having someone attend games in advance. That’s it. Rather than watching the tape with the included information on it.

Last edited:
What excuse is needed? It is no different than baseball. If you aren't trying to steal the signs of the other team, you aren't doing it right.

I would love to read about the vast network of people who hit the road to scout perennial powers UNLV, East Carolina, Rutgers, Nebraska, Bowling Green, Minnesota.

I'm confident -- this was reported to the NCAA by Ohio State. They are still upset they haven't beat UM on the football field since 2019, so they are coming up with excuses why.

So much for that Michigan is all about honor and integrity crap

That isn’t illegal. That’s called scouting. What don’t you grasp about that? Sign stealing is 100% legal. Yes. There’s an advantage. That’s why teams scout other teams and watch tape and try to steal signs. All of that is legal. Michigan is being accused of getting that information by having someone attend games in advance. That’s it. Rather than watching the tape with the included information on it.

Rules are rules.