Pray for Maine - 17 dead dozens injured mass shooter at large

I can't tell if you are serious or just echoing/mocking the pro-gun crowd here

Yank Big Fish GIF by SA Company

why are you so willing to just live with a less than acceptable way of life?

"do nothing" is a terrible solution to this, IMO
Have you seriously reached the "do something, do anything" stage?

I am all for catching the killer and punishing him for his deed. I am not for punishing others for his deed.

You seem to be having a lot of fun doing it.
Unsure what I’m flip flopping on.

I’ve said all along to send all the crazies away before they shoot somebody or push them in front of trains.

Unsure what I’m flip flopping on.

I’ve said all along to send all the crazies away before they shoot somebody or push them in front of trains.

And what am I flipping on, other than delusions in your head?

From cnn...

In July, Army Reserve officials reported Card for “behaving erratically,” and he was transported to the nearby Keller Army Community Hospital at the United States Military Academy for “medical evaluation,” a National Guard spokesman told CNN.

“Out of concern for his safety, the unit requested that law enforcement be contacted,” said the spokesperson, Col. Richard Goldenberg. New York State Police responded and transported Card to the hospital, he said.

Card then spent a few weeks under evaluation at the hospital, the law enforcement officials said.

The 40-year-old Card also threatened to shoot up a National Guard base in Maine, law enforcement officials previously told CNN.

Card’s sister-in-law, Katie O’Neill, said in a brief conversation with CNN Thursday that Card does not have a long history of mental health struggles.

“This is something that was an acute episode. This is not who he is,” O’Neill said. “He is not someone who has had mental health issues for his lifetime or anything like that.”

Except for an arrest in 2007 for an alleged driving under the influence charge, the suspect is not known to ATF or in FBI holdings, according to law enforcement sources. He legally possesses multiple weapons and owns a home on hundreds of acres of land in Maine, the sources said.

Have you seriously reached the "do something, do anything" stage?

I am all for catching the killer and punishing him for his deed. I am not for punishing others for his deed.
I didn't say "do anything"

but there is certainly SOMETHING that can be done...esp in Maine where there are essentially no laws.

and I think that if you are a responsible gun owner, you should have nothing to worry about. No one is going to come take your toys away.

Nothing, it seems you agree with me. Focus on the crazy and not the gun. We can clean up NYC while we’re at it!

Focusing on the crazy involves funding. Congress doesn't seem to want to spend money on that.

Focusing on the crazy involves funding. Congress doesn't seem to want to spend money on that.
you are basing this on what, exactly?

I have found nothing violent about this guy up until this past summer. And even then he was treated, evaluated and released. IMO...there just wasn't enough time for the court system to react. And I'm not sure we had enough that allows LE to confiscate weapons based on one event.

Steeves said the two served together around the country at different points, including in Wisconsin, Georgia and New York. He said he felt as though he “grew up” with Card because they entered the Army as young men and trained together.

Steeves said that while “aggressive leadership was very prominent” in the Army, Card stuck out for being a “rational, understanding person” who “led through respect rather than fear.”

 Steeves said Card never saw combat but had extensive training, including firearms training and land navigation, “so he would be very comfortable in the woods.” He described Card as an “outdoors type of guy” and a skilled marksman who was one of the best shooters in his unit.

Another former Army Reserve member who served with Card also described him as a “nice guy” who “never had an issue with anybody.” The servicemember, who asked to speak anonymously due to the sensitivity of the situation, did not recall Card showing any kind of violent behavior.

I didn't say "do anything"

but there is certainly SOMETHING that can be done...esp in Maine where there are essentially no laws.

and I think that if you are a responsible gun owner, you should have nothing to worry about. No one is going to come take your toys away.
Without knowing what all they knew, that something should have come from his family. They knew he was mentally unstable and was hearing voices. They knew he had spoken about these exact locations in the past. They should have made sure he didn’t have access to guns. Maybe they tried and didn’t know about this gun, but if you know that a loved one is mentally unstable, you should be the one to act.

Back