The European Super League Thread

Yeah it was unfortunate. It’s also unfortunate to give up a goal in the last 3 minutes and lose it on a crucial 3 points. But some would call that justice.
Justice yes, but not Klopp fault. Klopp came out against the Super League awhile back. Of course if he is true to his word there is a Bayern opening right now
:yes:

Speaking of Arsenal and the Super League and Stan Kronke: Let's say he wants a new stadium for Arsenal just like the St. Louis Rams. Well Amsterdam will build you the greatest stadium ever. Arsenal moves to Amsterdam. Now the Dutch have a team in the Super League. I know it is far fetched...but greed be greed and Stan Kronke is the ultimate in greed right now. Ask the fans in St. Louis about Stan Kronke. Thank God Al Davis never owned a European Soccer Club.

Speaking of Arsenal and the Super League and Stan Kronke: Let's say he wants a new stadium for Arsenal just like the St. Louis Rams. Well Amsterdam will build you the greatest stadium ever. Arsenal moves to Amsterdam. Now the Dutch have a team in the Super League. I know it is far fetched...but greed be greed and Stan Kronke is the ultimate in greed right now. Ask the fans in St. Louis about Stan Kronke. Thank God Al Davis never owned a European Soccer Club.
My colleague is from St. Louis and hates him. He got a good laugh when he saw Arsenal was in the Super League.

My colleague is from St. Louis and hates him. He got a good laugh when he saw Arsenal was in the Super League.
I am from the SF Bay Area. And we have been robbed by Al Davis and his son twice. Still paying taxes in Alameda County where I live for that beautiful new football stadium on Oakland.
:facepalm:

Justice yes, but not Klopp fault. Klopp came out against the Super League awhile back. Of course if he is true to his word there is a Bayern opening right now
:yes:
I don’t want him to leave. I love his game plans. I just wish he’d STfU anout other coaches, gameplans and pitches. All of it makes him look like a whiny bitch sore loser.

Rummenigge now head of UEFA Executive Committee.

Last edited:
I don’t want him to leave. I love his game plans. I just wish he’d STfU anout other coaches, gameplans and pitches. All of it makes him look like a whiny bitch sore loser.
He is a bit whiny...but I still love Klopp. I still rate him number #1 coach in the world. Just ahead of Nagelsmann and Guardiola (but he has had the ulitmate in riches to play with).

Germany Euro team this summer after the bans: Muller, Gnabry, Kimmich, Goretzka, Sule, Reus, Dahoud, Neuhaus, Musiala, Draxler, Nubel, Max, Klosterman, Halstenberg, Boateng, Hummels, Sane, Ginter, Goosens, Waldschmidt, Volland, Neuer.

Germany Euro team this summer after the bans: Muller, Gnabry, Kimmich, Goretzka, Sule, Reus, Dahoud, Neuhaus, Musiala, Draxler, Nubel, Max, Klosterman, Halstenberg, Boateng, Hummels, Sane, Ginter, Goosens, Waldschmidt, Volland.
Kroos wouldn't be missed at this point, especially if he is one of the reasons Müller was banished from the team under Löw.

It will be a garbage league for the teams in it for the money and nothing else. (Stan Kronke for sure, and maybe the Glasers too). I see all the vice chairmans are Americans.. but the kingpin rat of all is Florentine Perez.

Kroos wouldn't be missed at this point, especially if he is one of the reasons Müller was banished from the team under Löw.
Correct. Hansi still will have quite a team (if they can sack Low before the Euros).

I don’t watch a whole lot of league football. If I do it’s often things like FA Cup or Champions League finals. As far as competitive football goes there are things like this that puts the best teams against each other already.

This plan sounded sexy at an extreme first impression, but that’s it. Maybe it is the American owners driving this. Gross miscalculation that fans in Europe would be as accommodating as American sport fans IMO.

All that said....I can’t see the claim from FIFA that players in this Super League would be banned from International play. That could severely weaken the International tournament game. If the bluff works that’s fine, I’m just not sure they could actually do this.

I don’t watch a whole lot of league football. If I do it’s often things like FA Cup or Champions League finals. As far as competitive football goes there are things like this that puts the best teams against each other already.

This plan sounded sexy at an extreme first impression, but that’s it. Maybe it is the American owners driving this. Gross miscalculation that fans in Europe would be as accommodating as American sport fans IMO.

All that said....I can’t see the claim from FIFA that players in this Super League would be banned from International play. That could severely weaken the International tournament game. If the bluff works that’s fine, I’m just not sure they could actually do this.
Yeah, I can't see that really happening. If UEFA wants to kick them out of their competitions, fine by me, and if their respective FA's want to punish them, I'm fine with that too. But I can't see them banning players from representing their countries.

Besides weakening the international game, and basically punishinh players for something they had/have no say in, there are other issues. Banning players from the World Cup because of the SL would have a lot of legal effects IMO, mainly because of contracts players have with these teams. Would players be allowed out of their contract? Would they be able to sign elsewhere without transfer fees? Would these teams sue FIFA if the contracts were somehow voided? The list goes on.

According to a UEFAexco Real Madrid, Chelsea and City are out of this years champions league by Friday. PSG for the W!

I am 100% ok with that.
With a caveat of course, if PSG decides to join the SL they would be stripped of the title.

Also, kick out Arsenal and ManU from the Europa, leaving a Villareal v Roma final.