tOfficial 2022 NHL Playoffs Thread

Can someone explain why the Minnesota Wild did not play Fleury last night in an elimination game?
Cuz Talbot was kinda hot since they got MAF?

Think he was sumthin like 8-0-1.

Cuz Talbot was kinda hot since they got MAF?

Think he was sumthin like 8-0-1.
Playoff hockey is different, Fleury is battle tested and you'd think after it was 3-0 they'd pull Talbot and make the switch.

Playoff hockey is different, Fleury is battle tested and you'd think after it was 3-0 they'd pull Talbot and make the switch.
Fleury was gettin lit up in the games he played, save one time.

Yer right after the Blues got that 2nd/3rd goal they, prolly, shoulda yanked Talbot.

Canes in 7 ... bookit.

@Hu War Yu ... help me out, hurr.

Boston is a solid team. I don't think Carolina pulls it out anymore, they had their chances to put the Bruins away and I think they missed their shot now. I don't understand how one of the best offensive teams in the league couldn't score during their multitude of power plays last night. Once even having a 5 on 3 and couldn't get it done.

No way, HUGE munnies on Bawstin
savage yelling GIF

savage cabbage GIF

Brewins give up late 1st period goal ... they're done.

Congratz Canes.

2-0 Canes ... warm up da phat lady. :L

@Peter Gozintite
@dbldwn711

HAD to be done! The number of penalty shots they didn’t score on at the end of the season was a joke. The only way you miss that many is you aren’t prepared for it. I’m not a hockey coach. I don’t know what should be done during practice to deal with that situation but whatever it is the Knights weren’t prepared. Either they didn’t prepare for it or they did prepare and whatever they did wasn’t effective. Either way that’s on the coach. That’s just ONE reason why he had to go.

HAD to be done! The number of penalty shots they didn’t score on at the end of the season was a joke. The only way you miss that many is you aren’t prepared for it. I’m not a hockey coach. I don’t know what should be done during practice to deal with that situation but whatever it is the Knights weren’t prepared. Either they didn’t prepare for it or they did prepare and whatever they did wasn’t effective. Either way that’s on the coach. That’s just ONE reason why he had to go.
Yeah, Peter and I were talking about it and while I agree that injuries were a big reason to the result of the season.... 1) that isn't the end all be all of an 82 game season and 2) SnC coaches matter too.

The restructuring this off season due to caps should be interesting. Might look like a very different team come next year.

The power plays have been abysmal. I don't know how much the record breaking number of injuries, and missed games had to do with the overall result, but they barely missed the playoffs anyway. Never liked Pete much, but Gerald Gallant was clueless when it came to his favorite players. We'll see what happens.

This is a good first game of the series between the Blues and Avs.

St Louis is playing hard, but that Colorado speed is something else. Binnington is keeping STL alive right now (half way through overtime)