tOfficial Fire Ryan Day thread.

Day had a shit day but too soon for firing talk.

Tell that to the dudes that started and are posting in the thread...not me, I wouldn't fire a guy with 5 losses in what 4 years?

2nd shit day in a row in the biggest game of the year. Tick tock next year.

Eh

Last year was some pretty abysmal weather that played into their strengths.

This year was more a shit show of coaching and decisions. If he has another poop the bed game then we can talk

But even with this we still aren't out of it. Let's hope for good stuff. I'd rather get boat raced in the playoffs than play in the 2023 Jackoff Bowl

Why didn’t I just take the ML instead of +10.5
My buddy won a small online poker tourney. Won $1,700. Buy in was only $15 for the tourney. So he took all $1,700 and put it on Michigan ML. Won $4,250.

Fire Knowles as well. Refused to adjust at all on defense as well
In Knowles defense -- he did adjust. First half you brought the house and sold out to stop the run. That's why UM passed so much. 2nd half -- they adjusted to stop the pass and that's why UM ran so much in the 2nd half.

They need to find a happy medium. With the talent you guys have -- it shouldn't be that difficult.

My buddy won a small online poker tourney. Won $1,700. Buy in was only $15 for the tourney. So he took all $1,700 and put it on Michigan ML. Won $4,250.
That’s a good fucking day

In Knowles defense -- he did adjust. First half you brought the house and sold out to stop the run. That's why UM passed so much. 2nd half -- they adjusted to stop the pass and that's why UM ran so much in the 2nd half.

They need to find a happy medium. With the talent you guys have -- it shouldn't be that difficult.

We haven’t had a complete D since Tressel. At least 1 unit on D seems to always be really really bad. Just changes year to year which one it is

Eh

This year was more a shit show of coaching and decisions. If he has another poop the bed game then we can talk

But even with this we still aren't out of it. Let's hope for good stuff. I'd rather get boat raced in the playoffs than play in the 2023 Jackoff Bowl

The weather excuse last year was crap. Stroud still played pretty well. Same problems though shit offense in the red zone and a total turtle in the second half

Eh

The Jack off bowl this year would really be that. People would be high again after beating some 3 loss Pac 12 scrub in it.

We haven’t had a complete D since Tressel. At least 1 unit on D seems to always be really really bad. Just changes year to year which one it is
I said it last year -- for the first time in a like decade, OSU didn't have a stud on the defensive line you had to game plan for. They used to have Nick Bosa, then they had Joey Bosa, then they had Chase Young. OSU has solid guys on the DLine, but nothing that strikes fear in a team.
Same for the secondary -- you guys have had a who's who at CB the last decade. You have had 8 or 9 guys from the secondary drafted in the 1st round in the last decade -- You had guys like Okudah and Lattimore, who would literally shut down half the field. You don't have that now.
What is wild -- your LB's have been your weak spot, but Eichenberger (sp) is stud for you this year. He was all over the place.

On the offense -- OSU is STACKED -- defensively though, they have some quality players, but they don't have any game changers. UM doesn't have any game changers defensively this year too, but they play as a unit, where as OSU does not. I'd like to say it has to do with a new coordinator, but Michigan had a new defensive coordinator this year too.

I will say this -- I would LOVE to have one or two of those OSU WR's on Michigan.

I said it last year -- for the first time in a like decade, OSU didn't have a stud on the defensive line you had to game plan for. They used to have Nick Bosa, then they had Joey Bosa, then they had Chase Young. OSU has solid guys on the DLine, but nothing that strikes fear in a team.
Same for the secondary -- you guys have had a who's who at CB the last decade. You have had 8 or 9 guys from the secondary drafted in the 1st round in the last decade -- You had guys like Okudah and Lattimore, who would literally shut down half the field. You don't have that now.
What is wild -- your LB's have been your weak spot, but Eichenberger (sp) is stud for you this year. He was all over the place.

On the offense -- OSU is STACKED -- defensively though, they have some quality players, but they don't have any game changers. UM doesn't have any game changers defensively this year too, but they play as a unit, where as OSU does not. I'd like to say it has to do with a new coordinator, but Michigan had a new defensive coordinator this year too.

I will say this -- I would LOVE to have one or two of those OSU WR's on Michigan.

It’s gotta be coaching because they are mostly all highly rated guys. Larry Johnson recruits really well but he may be losing his touch at developing guys on the DL. They were better this year but yea outside of maybe JTT in a few games in some streaks no one was particularly individually scary. Secondary is just lost. We had a lot of injuries there this year but no excuses for the guys who had to step in being this bad. I’ll give knowles another year but he’s refusal to mold things to the guys he has was very concerning. I’d say LB play all around was pretty decent this year for the most part. But that might just be comparing to how truly bad it was last year.

2nd shit day in a row in the biggest game of the year. Tick tock next year.
That's the best part. The two guys who won us this game are back, and OSU loses most of it's known talent on offense. Oh, and it's in Ann Arbor.

That's the best part. The two guys who won us this game are back, and OSU loses most of it's known talent on offense. Oh, and it's in Ann Arbor.

Honestly might not be a bad thing losing these players. As long as day doesn’t shell shock our new QB like he did Stroud. Not counting on that though

It’s gotta be coaching because they are mostly all highly rated guys. Larry Johnson recruits really well but he may be losing his touch at developing guys on the DL. They were better this year but yea outside of maybe JTT in a few games in some streaks no one was particularly individually scary. Secondary is just lost. We had a lot of injuries there this year but no excuses for the guys who had to step in being this bad. I’ll give knowles another year but he’s refusal to mold things to the guys he has was very concerning. I’d say LB play all around was pretty decent this year for the most part. But that might just be comparing to how truly bad it was last year.
On defense -- it is much tougher to predict, especially on the defensive line, regardless of their ranking how a recruit will turn out. So many of those DT's and DE's just overwhelm HS kids, they get to the college and now they are up against guys as strong as they are.
I think the biggest issue is the last thing you mentioned. Instead of playing to the defense's strengths -- they were playing to the opponents strengths. OSU definitely doesn't have the CB's to put them on an island, but OSU did that to them in the 1st half to try and sell out to stop the run.

They have to find a happy medium for the defense and put the players in positions to succeed. I still think OSU is going to get into the CFP.

Isn't Marvin Harrison coming back? And Egbuka? And Trey'von Henderson? Or am I wrong? I thought they were sophomores?

Back