Twelve Kitchen Cabinets

Thanks, bro.

I've done a fair amount of painting, but it's been mostly exterior. I have refinished the doors in my house and simply used a semi-gloss latex to do the job. I also had a friend who did the same doing small-time commercial projects.

You learn pretty quickly that standard indoor latex is pretty soft and doesn't stand up well when it is applied to moving parts. I've thought about refinishing my cabinets and I want to be sure I have the right stuff. You've confirmed it for me.

I have an HVLP sprayer I could use for the job, however my cabinets are dated and worn, the drawer are in really bad shape. I'd hate to put all that effort in when they really need replacement and new counter tops.

Meanwhile, looks like you're doing a great job!
I always use exterior acrylic paint on cabinets. Usually scrib them with a green scotch pad and lacquer thinner, them prime with oil based kilz. I use an HVLP also, and have a nice one.

I always use exterior acrylic paint on cabinets. Usually scrib them with a green scotch pad and lacquer thinner, them prime with oil based kilz. I use an HVLP also, and have a nice one.
Does the exterior paint give you a sheen you like?

This piques my interest. What are the advantages? I have also been using Kilz oil based primer. I give it a light sanding with 220 grit and it's smooth like glass.
Its just tougher and more durable. If youre going to use a water based product, on cabinets that generally take a bunch of abuse, its the way to go for me.

It looks like you a have a couple of outlets on that 6' wall you are removing.
Anything else in that wall??
I'm hoping some treasure! The thermostat is also there but it will be easy enough to move. A bunch more electrical outlets on the other side of the peninsula but they Shan't be any trouble whatsoever!

Ahh, shucks...! Thanks Top Gun!
Excited Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by Jackson-Triggs

Good evening, my friends! Well I got busy today and I have pics to prove it. Me and my hag and my twin brother, we all worked together and got a lot accomplished!

demo 1.jpg

Lots of hard work but it all will look great when finished.

And then we were finished! A very productive day. Good night all, see you soon!
View attachment 26634
nice work so far, man -
what are yer plans for the floor?

thats my next project -
got 800sqft of SPC flooring comin in next week -
ol lady is draggin her feet, tho
shes supposed to be
gettin the china hutch and bookcases packed up -
may have to do that myself this weekend -

cheers!

Back