What are you reading?

I quite liked it. I'm onto the second one now.

Some gory shit in it.
I think I had mentioned to you that I found a paperback copy of Great Elephant by Alan Scholefield.

This author came recommended as a Wilbur Smith type. This is now the second of his books I've read and I wish I hadn't started either, though I will say that Great Elephant is better than The Eagles of Malice.

Very disappointed to report this. I always have high hopes of finding an author who can compete with Wilbur Smith's greats. My hopes are diminishing.

I just finished my favorite book of the year so far and it was Churchill's Secret Messenger by Alan Hlad.

If you are a fan of Ken Follett WW2 spy novels, this one is great.

I think I had mentioned to you that I found a paperback copy of Great Elephant by Alan Scholefield.

This author came recommended as a Wilbur Smith type. This is now the second of his books I've read and I wish I hadn't started either, though I will say that Great Elephant is better than The Eagles of Malice.

Very disappointed to report this. I always have high hopes of finding an author who can compete with Wilbur Smith's greats. My hopes are diminishing.

I can take that as a warning?

What I like about these Gear books is Indigenous folks are front and centre these days.

So I get to have a glimpse of their past.

The 2nd book I'm now reading has brought folks from below the Rio Grande into play. More "civilized" than their northern brothers, but much more evil.

met my reading goal for the year with 47 books

wondering if I should bump it up to 50

I've lost count. At least one a week so far.

Got the latest Sandman Slim waiting for me.

I've lost count. At least one a week so far.

Got the latest Sandman Slim waiting for me.
once I finish the Iron Druid series, I am going to go back to Sandman Slim for my trashy fantasy novels.

met my reading goal for the year with 47 books

wondering if I should bump it up to 50
Why oh why is it soo hard for me to keep a log of what I'm reading? My grandfather recorded every book he read from childhood.

Why oh why is it soo hard for me to keep a log of what I'm reading? My grandfather recorded every book he read from childhood.
I use the Goodreads app...pretty easy

once I finish the Iron Druid series, I am going to go back to Sandman Slim for my trashy fantasy novels.

I love trashy..

I also have Battle Ground, most recent Dresden.

I love trashy..

I also have Battle Ground, most recent Dresden.
it's a good one.

gotta love how Dresden just keeps getting more and more powerful and more and more responsibility...but he doesn't know how to deal with it.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

The second of this trilogy, Sun Born is rocket fuel.

I read it in 1 day. Couldn't put it down. Excellent ritual violence.

So glad to hear that. It's on the list!

The Itza come visiting.

I have #3 waiting at the library.

These were a stand alone trilogy.

People of the Morning Star
Sun Born
Moon Hunt

I'm going to have to start asking for inter-libaray loans as many are not listed.

The Itza come visiting.

I have #3 waiting at the library.

These were a stand alone trilogy.

People of the Morning Star
Sun Born
Moon Hunt

I'm going to have to start asking for inter-libaray loans as many are not listed.
I'm surprised you like library books. I buy all mine on eBay or Amazon used or when I'm in Nashville I go to a huge used bookstore. Right now I am about 30 physical books behind. I have two huge history books being delivered to my parents when I go up next week: A World at Arms and The Rise and Fall of the British Empire.

Those should keep me busy for awhile! :happy:

I'm surprised you like library books. I buy all mine on eBay or Amazon used or when I'm in Nashville I go to a huge used bookstore. Right now I am about 30 physical books behind. I have two huge history books being delivered to my parents when I go up next week: A World at Arms and The Rise and Fall of the British Empire.

Those should keep me busy for awhile! :happy:

I have 4 used bookstores at my disposal for items the library doesn't have.

I love the library. It's free, gratis and for nothing.

Notice I didn't say "for free"? That's because I know better "irregardless" of norms...

My #1 used bookstore has 17 of the ones MIA at my regional library.

I have a stack of owned books I read when I run out of library rentals. And usually 3 or 4 library rentals on my living room hearth.

The missus reads almost every one I do except for the Sandman Slim and Dresden books or Sci-Fi.

But I do make every effort to read in order.

it's a good one.

gotta love how Dresden just keeps getting more and more powerful and more and more responsibility...but he doesn't know how to deal with it.

Read it in 2 days and loved it. Makes up for the sack of nothing that Peace Talks was.

On to Sandman Slim's latest and then a Dennis Lehane followed by the 3rd one in the Native trilogy I started.

I actually started doing this about 5 or 6 years ago. It’s actually kinda interesting sometimes to look back see books I read that I had completely forgotten I had.