What are you reading?

Like Like
I said four books ago I'd never buy another Wilbur Smith book but went one past that.
I'll never make that mistake again.

We lost interest with his pirates.

But he has some good one offs early.

Like Like

We lost interest with his pirates.

But he has some good one offs early.
I pretty much loved everything he did until five years ago. I saved the Egyptian stuff for last, convinced I wouldn't like it but it ended up being some of my favorites.

When I was in Yuma I went to an incredible old used bookstore. I could have stayed for hours but my wife was being uncharacteristically impatient so I only stayed for about 45 mins and got 10 books. Should keep me busy for a month or two. :D

I pretty much loved everything he did until five years ago. I saved the Egyptian stuff for last, convinced I wouldn't like it but it ended up being some of my favorites.

When I was in Yuma I went to an incredible old used bookstore. I could have stayed for hours but my wife was being uncharacteristically impatient so I only stayed for about 45 mins and got 10 books. Should keep me busy for a month or two. :D

I really like Dark of the Sun and Sunbird.

I read most of the Egypt ones too.

read-book-the-accidental-president-harry-s-truman-and-the-four-months-that-changed-the-world-book-online-1-638.jpg

Oh yea...very confusing.

The pirate story intertwined into the overall story is confusing
Read 285 pages yesterday.

Should finish before football today.

Found a gem this morning that I can't wait to start.

On The Wealth of Nations by P.J. O'Rourke. It has been on my deep look for list for a long time.

has anyone read any Jasper Fforde books?

All The Flowers Are Dying - Lawrence Block

A Matthew Scudder novel.

Reading The Relentless Moon by Mary Robinette Kowal, third book in her Lady Astronaut series, which I have enjoyed.

There's some virtue signalling going on in it, but they have been a pretty fun, light alternate reality kind of sci fi where a meteor hits earth in the 50s and we are forced to move up the space race to save humanity.

A Drop of the Hard Stuff - Lawrence Block

Another Scudder novel.

just finished Ready Player Two...it wasn't good.

what a disappointing sequel to Ready Player One. Feels like Cline will never live up to that novel.