What are you reading?

A little dry but I am reading the Oxford Dictionary of Celtic Mythology. Some of the longer definitions are actually quite interesting

Reading John Dies at the End...and not really into it...but I am going to keep plugging through regardless.

started Dark Age by Pierce Brown last night.

been looking forward to this one for a while. Red Rising is such a great series of books.

James Clavell's Whirlwind.

Not light stuff. I was at a used book store in SoCal and found an old first-edition hardback and couldn't resist.

James Clavell's Whirlwind.

Not light stuff. I was at a used book store in SoCal and found an old first-edition hardback and couldn't resist.

Just finished up the Earth's Children series. I was getting tired of the long introductions and Jondalar nibbling on Ayla's naughty bits.

Moving on to 2 Ian Rankins I hadn't read previously. Not involving Rebus.

But I'm going to look up Clavell again, almost forgot about him...

Just finished up the Earth's Children series. I was getting tired of the long introductions and Jondalar nibbling on Ayla's naughty bits.

Moving on to 2 Ian Rankins I hadn't read previously. Not involving Rebus.

But I'm going to look up Clavell again, almost forgot about him...
Do you know anything about the Kathleen O'Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear books that are supposed to be like the Earth's Children but about the Anasazi? I have "People of Silence" in my queue.

Do you know anything about the Kathleen O'Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear books that are supposed to be like the Earth's Children but about the Anasazi? I have "People of Silence" in my queue.

Never heard of but will investigate.

And having done so, like their ages. Same birth years as the missus and myself,

Except they look old as fuck. I know we all look at ourselves softly but no way my wife and I look as old as those 2.

He looks like I imagine kbjur looks like. Wizzened and overly bearded. She looks about 70 or so. Must have spent too much time in the sun.

Anyway, will investigate. Seem to be semi prolific. Which is good. We've been reading so much lately, finding more is getting difficult.

Except they look old as fuck. I know we all look at ourselves softly but no way my wife and I look as old as those 2.

He looks like I imagine kbjur looks like. Wizzened and overly bearded. She looks about 70 or so. Must have spent too much time in the sun.

Anyway, will investigate. Seem to be semi prolific. Which is good. We've been reading so much lately, finding more is getting difficult.
My M&D are in their early 70's but not "old." I know people the same age who could pass for 90.

Can't remember if I told you but one of the best series I've read in a few years is the Eden series from Marilyn Harris if you like English historical fiction.

Also, if you like Wilbur Smith, read the Peter Watt books, especially the Frontier series. Can't recommend them highly enough.

My M&D are in their early 70's but not "old." I know people the same age who could pass for 90.

Can't remember if I told you but one of the best series I've read in a few years is the Eden series from Marilyn Harris if you like English historical fiction.

Also, if you like Wilbur Smith, read the Peter Watt books, especially the Frontier series. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Unable to find Watt used or in my library. Still searching.

Will look for Harris too.

I was only able to find Peter Watt on Apple Books but the Marilyn Harris series I bought on eBay in Ballantine paperback.

I'll buy new if last resort.

Do not e-read.

But I have access to several large used book stores that deliver....

I'll buy new if last resort.

Do not e-read.

But I have access to several large used book stores that deliver....
I'm envious. I recently went to a decent little used book store close to where I was at the time. I had been about five times, looking in the window at thousands of used books, but no one ever answered. Well, this time an ancient old lady came and let me in and I was dying to look at the books but she wanted someone to talk to so badly that I pretty much was unable to look. :Cry: I did get a very nice first-edition hardback of Whirlwind (Clavell) and got a nice paperback of Jack Whyte (had never heard of his medieval series).

I most definitely prefer real books but I have to admit that reading at night in bed with an iPad is extremely convenient. That said, I'm really tired of supporting Amazon and Apple trying to corner the market on new books. I'm determined to slow that to a trickle.

Almost as much, I refuse to pay $20+ for new books. The only author right now I'll do that for is Ken Follet if I can get it at Costco at a discount. If not, I'll buy a used copy on eBay.

Autographed copy of Paddle Your Own Canoe by Nick Offerman

Reactions: ill
I'm envious. I recently went to a decent little used book store close to where I was at the time. I had been about five times, looking in the window at thousands of used books, but no one ever answered. Well, this time an ancient old lady came and let me in and I was dying to look at the books but she wanted someone to talk to so badly that I pretty much was unable to look. :Cry: I did get a very nice first-edition hardback of Whirlwind (Clavell) and got a nice paperback of Jack Whyte (had never heard of his medieval series).

I most definitely prefer real books but I have to admit that reading at night in bed with an iPad is extremely convenient. That said, I'm really tired of supporting Amazon and Apple trying to corner the market on new books. I'm determined to slow that to a trickle.

Almost as much, I refuse to pay $20+ for new books. The only author right now I'll do that for is Ken Follet if I can get it at Costco at a discount. If not, I'll buy a used copy on eBay.

I work on a computer all day.. No inclination to relax with one as well.

Hank, not quite what I look like. Yeah got a full tri-color beard brown, red and various shades of grey. However mother nature has been kind. Not heavily wrinkled and most youngins guess my age in early 50s

Hank, not quite what I look like. Yeah got a full tri-color beard brown, red and various shades of grey. However mother nature has been kind. Not heavily wrinkled and most youngins guess my age in early 50s

Just my 'magination....

I work on a computer all day.. No inclination to relax with one as well.
It's not a computer.

Paperwhites are very easy on the eyes and no blue light like a computer screen

It's not a computer.

Paperwhites are very easy on the eyes and no blue light like a computer screen

Whoopee.

Another device I don't need.

Now a 100" OLED? I'd have a use for that.

Whoopee.

Another device I don't need.

Now a 100" OLED? I'd have a use for that.
I'd rather have an electronic book that can hold thousands of books in it.

But to each their own.

I'd rather have an electronic book that can hold thousands of books in it.

But to each their own.
What do you put on shelves?