A 12-1 Texas is going to be left out of the CFP?

I agree, and think Bama, Texas and UGA would beat Oregon, but that’s not gonna happen. Pac champ is locked in

Let Michigan lose to Iowa and things get interesting

crazy to know that Iowa is playing this weekend.. o/u for iowa first half points is probably .5 lol

True. Oregon lost to a contender as well.
Which they will also have beaten, later in the season, when it mattered more in the CCG. That’s not the same as the others, and you know it.

TCU didn't win the Big 12 last year.
yeah but a lot of teams lost for them to still go.. this year the top 8 remained the same for the most part

That OD meltdown might break the internet
That’s true. It might be worth Texas getting left out so that the interwebz doesn’t break and we all find ourselves in the brass age.

but why...

tOSU only has a loss to #2 Michigan by 6

Tejas lost to a team not in the playoff.

what if Tejas only wins by 3 or so
What if OU is better than UM? That's the problem with saying that one team lost to another in their conference. We don't play enough inter-conference games to know. I think a good argument can be made the B1G is way down this year. Their offenses are horrendous, or is it that they have unreal defenses? You see, we don't really know. This is why the 12-team is going to really reveal some asses of some teams and conferences.

For example, if the SEC regularly gets 2-3 of the final 4 in, and continues to win the NC, you shlubs are going to have to give up that whole "the SEC is not as good as the national media thinks" trope. On the other hand, if the SEC teams get beat in the 1st and 2nd rounds, and suddenly we get a bunch of ACC, B1G, and B12 teams in the final 4, you can say that all you want.

Finally, after following CFB for almost 60 years, I am not going to have to worry about who the best 2 or best 4 teams are that get to play for the NC. For a Southerner, you can't imagine how frustrating it was to have the Midwest and West teams constantly get favoritism in the bowl selections for the top 2 in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Same during the BCS, even though it had started to change. I can't wait until you have to win it on the field. And I know you guys who think the SEC is overrated can't wait to make our teams earn it on the field, even if we kind of already have in the 4-team era. I am open to that even if I don't like the results.

Last edited:
i'm not even mad.. we have the worst loss of the one loss teams

all i can hope for is;
1. beat okie st cause they are really good.. they showed that vs ou
2. FSU loses..

other than that, it is what it is.. this is the only year since i think 91 or 92 that there could be a 4 unbeaten conference champions.. UT would be in any other year of the CFP.
Kind of the way that I feel if we lose to Bama and get left out. We've had a hell of a run, and it is just starting. The only thing I am pissed at is The Fucking Alliance who kept us from a 12-team this year. Dipshits.

paul is sooo out of touch with this.. he also thinks bama/uga/tosu/um should be in the final 4 too
I think he is right on FSU though. That Kermit the Frog looking MFr is a master troll, but FSU needs to win convincingly. Otherwise, I could see 1-loss Texas/UGA/Bama sliding in front of them and saying they were underwhelming in their last 2 games without their QB and therefore they aren't one of the 4 best.

That part is written into the rules:

That statement was followed by a list of "Principles," which laid out the process for selecting teams:

The committee will select the teams using a process that distinguishes among otherwise comparable teams by considering:

- Conference championships won,
- Strength of schedule,
- Head-to-head competition,
- Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory), and,
- Other relevant factors such as key injuries that may have affected a team's performance during the season or likely will affect it's postseason performance.

One of the first questions I asked of the CFP officials in the room with us and committee chair Kirby Hocutt (athletic director at Texas Tech), who was there to answer our questions throughout the mock selection, was about whether the factors are listed in order of importance. I received resounding "no."

Conference championship matters
Kind of, but not necessarily. Only if the teams are considered equal. As I mentioned in the post above, FSU could be a CC where it doesn't matter, or where the injury matters more.

I think he is right on FSU though. That Kermit the Frog looking MFr is a master troll, but FSU needs to win convincingly. Otherwise, I could see 1-loss Texas/UGA/Bama sliding in front of them and saying they were underwhelming in their last 2 games without their QB and therefore they aren't one of the 4 best.

That part is written into the rules:

That statement was followed by a list of "Principles," which laid out the process for selecting teams:

The committee will select the teams using a process that distinguishes among otherwise comparable teams by considering:

- Conference championships won,
- Strength of schedule,
- Head-to-head competition,
- Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory), and,
- Other relevant factors such as key injuries that may have affected a team's performance during the season or likely will affect it's postseason performance.

One of the first questions I asked of the CFP officials in the room with us and committee chair Kirby Hocutt (athletic director at Texas Tech), who was there to answer our questions throughout the mock selection, was about whether the factors are listed in order of importance. I received resounding "no."

It would still really shock me if they left out a undefeated P5 for a 1 loss team. I think they really don't want FSU there now, but I think they will end up putting them in if they win Saturday.

so if bama beats UGA UGA is out?
A lot depends on what else happens.

- If chaos happens, UGA likely gets in with a loss.
- If it goes to chalk, there are two lines of thought. IMO, we would be out. But, Herbie and a few others have opined that they think UGA is already in as a clear one of the best 4, barring a big loss to Bama.

Like I said, I just don't see. Don't think it's fair, but if things go to chalk, we won't be the only worthy team left out. We will have good company.

It would still really shock me if they left out a undefeated P5 for a 1 loss team. I think they really don't want FSU there now, but I think they will end up putting them in if they win Saturday.
I agree, but the language is there for them to say, sorry, 11 of your games were with a Heisman-level QB. In the last 2, we saw you barely beat a 5-7 UF team, and then win close to Louisville who just lost to Kentucky. We just don't think you are one of the top 4.

That would be a hell of a thing to do. But if there was ever a time to do it, the year after TCU got destroyed would be the year. I mean, which of you who have a shot of getting in aren't hoping that you are the 1 seed and get to play FSU at the 4 seed? If you are honest you know you are. I know I am. Just like I was elated we got to play TCU last year. Getting to play FSU then the winner of UM/Ore-UW-UT is the ideal scenario.

I agree, but the language is there for them to say, sorry, 11 of your games were with a Heisman-level QB. In the last 2, we saw you barely beat a 5-7 UF team, and then win close to Louisville who just lost to Kentucky. We just don't think you are one of the top 4.

That would be a hell of a thing to do. But if there was ever a time to do it, the year after TCU got destroyed would be the year. I mean, which of you who have a shot of getting in aren't hoping that you are the 1 seed and get to play FSU at the 4 seed? If you are honest you know you are. I know I am. Just like I was elated we got to play TCU last year. Getting to play FSU then the winner of UM/Ore-UW-UT is the ideal scenario.

Oh I know that the language is there, I just don't think they'd pull the trigger on it.

I don't think FSU is going to lose either, you can bet your ass everyone in that committee room is hoping for that though.

I hope UGA beats Bama so bad because Michigan getting the #1 spot and that fucking cake walk against FSU into the title game would just make this season that much worse for us Ohio State fans. I know they lost to TCU last year but they aren't losing to a crippled FSU squad with a generic 3* backup QB. (I think FSU would stay #4 regardless to what else happens.)

Oh I know that the language is there, I just don't think they'd pull the trigger on it.

I don't think FSU is going to lose either, you can bet your ass everyone in that committee room is hoping for that though.

I hope UGA beats Bama so bad because Michigan getting the #1 spot and that fucking cake walk against FSU into the title game would just make this season that much worse for us Ohio State fans. I know they lost to TCU last year but they aren't losing to a crippled FSU squad with a generic 3* backup QB. (I think FSU would be the #4 regardless of who wins the PAC game)
UGA just has to win. We won't drop from 1 to 2 just because we won a close game. UM gets to play Iowa. If only.

For example, if the SEC regularly gets 2-3 of the final 4 in, and continues to win the NC, you shlubs are going to have to give up that whole "the SEC is not as good as the national media thinks" trope. On the other hand, if the SEC teams get beat in the 1st and 2nd rounds, and suddenly we get a bunch of ACC, B1G, and B12 teams in the final 4, you can say that all you want.
Nah, even if LSU, Georgia and Bama are three of the final four in a 12 team playoff, it in no way means South Carolina, Miss State and Kentucky are some brutal gauntlet. It means the top of the conference is a gauntlet.