Champions League 2023/2024

Europa League, and I don't feel like making a new thread but...

suck it Freiburg
View attachment 117295
Europa League fine here. Great result...not for Germany, but it also helps England get a 5th spot in UCL next year. Now the meat of the competition begins.

Leverkusen again today with a clutch win. They get very lucky also. Last 3 games other team gets a red card. They never get a red card. Schick 2 goals in injury time to pull out the tie. Unreal!!! March 14: Leverkusen still undefeated for the entire season.

Pretty shady red card on Qarabag though. Just saw the highlights. +6 minutes went +10 too. Of course what do you expect when Anthony Taylor refereeing a game....

Qarabag Muslims praying before the game. Sorry Allah...Xabi Alonso the real God. 37 straight undefeated.

1710504559571.png

"Random"
1710504682480.png

Attachments

• 1710504438096.png
    1710504438096.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
And of course West Ham draw Xabi and Leverkusen.

I am sorry I am laughing. Arsenal and Bayern again. But what I am loving is Manchester City vs Real Madrid. Laughing because one will be out. I am totally shocked that draw occurred now. Again, there is a group of death for one of the final spots: Bayern, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid on one side, and Dortmund, PSG, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona the other. Dortmund, PSG, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona one of these will be in the final....and probably get run over from one from the other group. Bayern could win this only if they dodge Man City.

And of course West Ham draw Xabi and Leverkusen.
Well be careful. Refs love to give red cards to Leverkusen opponents. Leverkusen had no business winning that game yesterday. Qarabag??? They got robbed. West Ham has a real chance. Leverkusen has also pulled a bunch of wins and ties recently in injury time. Everything that can go right, has gone right. Perfect storm so far.

I am sorry I am laughing. Arsenal and Bayern again. But what I am loving is Manchester City vs Real Madrid. Laughing because one will be out. I am totally shocked that draw occurred now. Again, there is a group of death for one of the final spots: Bayern, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid on one side, and Dortmund, PSG, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona the other. Dortmund, PSG, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona one of these will be in the final....and probably get run over from one from the other group. Bayern could win this only if they dodge Man City.
Of the ones left, I'd honestly like to se Atleti win it all, if not then Bayern. Anyone but City or Real Madrid is fine with me too.

I'm going to try to watch both today without spoilers.

I'll watch Bayern first though

Shazbat! Better a draw than a loss.
I’ll take a draw today. Not great game but great result. Gnabry injury does not look good. Davies out too for next game. Not sure why. Yellow card accumulation? Hopefully Pavlović back next week. Sané was superb today. Needed that.

Two draws. I was rooting for Madrid.
Me too. Damn City!!! Great result for them. Going home they will be tough to beat. Real defense let them down. City defense full of injuries so they have an excuse. Walker and Ake injury and Gvardiol hobbling.

What was the deal with the ref? The Arsenal handball on Gabriel ref reply "kid's mistake". Did you catch that?

Liverpool wtf at Anfield. Klopp may have won his last trophy with the Moose Cup. Only the EPL left. Still in the thick of it...but still what was that today.

PSG and Dortmund both bounce back in 2nd leg and bounce Barca and Atleti.

PSG and Dortmund both bounce back in 2nd leg and bounce Barca and Atleti.
Barcelona self destructed. That was a red, then Xavi gets one too, and then the coach who took over gets one too lol. Is this Lewandowski's last hurrah? With Giroud joining LAFC that leaves only LA Galaxy for Lewandowski. Not going to happen, but I would love "Der Klassiker" in UCL final. It happened a little over a decade ago. I would have a German fest at my place. I make a mean jagerschnitzel.

Sabitzer looked all world today.

Great games to watch and neither were spoiled for me.

And yup, Bayern-Dortmund final would be a season saver.

Barcelona self destructed. That was a red, then Xavi gets one too, and then the coach who took over gets one too lol. Is this Lewandowski's last hurrah? With Giroud joining LAFC that leaves only LA Galaxy for Lewandowski. Not going to happen, but I would love "Der Klassiker" in UCL final. It happened a little over a decade ago. I would have a German fest at my place. I make a mean jagerschnitzel.
Yeah, I'd be ok with that.

I can see Dortmund going, I don't think PSG can count on them imploding like Barca did.

Bayern have a tougher row to hoe, if they get past Arsenal today, still would have the City/Real Madrid winner to deal with.

Bayern v Real Madrid would be fitting. I believe it's the most played tie in UCL/European Cup history and almost a dead even record.