Harbaugh facing 4 game suspension

The "negotiated resolution" AKA the 4 game suspension was NOT APPROVED by the NCAA Infractions Committee.

Somehow Michigan fan morphs that into "No it was Michigan who told the NCAA we aren't doing that!"

Pure comedy.

Keep believing that Michigan is telling the NCAA to "stick it" here. Lol. They are begging for mercy if anything.

Also it was CONFIRMED. Not speculation. So yes the NCAA did deny it. But keep living in fantasy land.
You still haven't justified in your opinion why Michigan would go with 3 games when they supposedly agreed on 4 with the NCAA?

You still haven't justified in your opinion why Michigan would go with 3 games when they supposedly agreed on 4 with the NCAA?

I said they are probably trying to keep Harbaugh from getting too pissed.

But yes it doesn't make sense. If anything it seems like Warde Manuel is trying to cover the Athletic Department's ass with that. Believe what you want but this isn't going away and Harbaugh is likely to get thrown under the bus if the NCAA really decides to start pressing.

And they DID come to that agreement with the NCAA. You can claim ALL OF THESE SOURCES are wrong as much as you want. But that is not likely.

The question you should be asking is why does Michigan care so much about missing a home game against Rutgers? If they supposedly told the NCAA "no" like you claim because they didn't want Harbaugh to miss any B1G games. That is stupid.

And once again Sources CONFIRMED that the NCAA Infractions Committee said no to the deal.

CONFIRMED.

Not SPECULATE.

But they are lying. :crazy:

I said they are probably trying to keep Harbaugh from getting too pissed.

But yes it doesn't make sense. If anything it seems like Warde Manuel is trying to cover the Athletic Department's ass with that. Believe what you want but this isn't going away and Harbaugh is likely to get thrown under the bus if the NCAA really decides to start pressing.

And they DID come to that agreement with the NCAA. You can claim ALL OF THESE SOURCES are wrong as much as you want. But that is not likely.
That doesn't make any sense still. 3 games fine, 4 games pissed? Especially if you believe the other games are imminent anyway?

And yeah, I think "all of the sources" were clearly wrong about something; like they are pretty regularly about other things.

The question you should be asking is why does Michigan care so much about missing a home game against Rutgers? If they supposedly told the NCAA "no" like you claim because they didn't want Harbaugh to miss any B1G games. That is stupid.
Well. I told you. Because Rutgers is part of the B10 schedule. That makes perfect sense. You can lose all 3 OOC games and it has no impact on your ability to win the B10.

That doesn't make any sense still. 3 games fine, 4 games pissed? Especially if you believe the other games are imminent anyway?

And yeah, I think "all of the sources" were clearly wrong about something; like they are pretty regularly about other things.

Well. I told you. Because Rutgers is part of the B10 schedule. That makes perfect sense. You can lose all 3 OOC games and it has no impact on your ability to win the B10.

Oh fuck off lol. Michigan isnt losing to Rutgers no matter who is coaching and they REALLY arent losing to any of those OOC tomato cans.

And once again Sources CONFIRMED that the NCAA Infractions Committee said no to the deal.

CONFIRMED.

Not SPECULATE.

But they are lying. :crazy:
No, that isn't confirmed. That's what "sources" said, and even if true -- we have no idea if the point of contention was # of games Harbaugh was personally suspended. For all we know they wanted the OC suspended for more games.

Yes Michigan refuses to sit Harbaugh 4 games because they are scared of Rutgers. Ok! :pound: :pound: :pound:
It's entirely possible that the B10 schedule didn't play into it at all and Michigan thought 4 games was too strict. But that wouldn't make sense if you truly believe they agreed to it prior.

Im going to laugh so hard if this bites Michigan in the ass like it did Ohio State when we refused to just take penalties in 2011 for whatever reason and then ended up getting the ban hammer for 2012 (when we ended up going undefeated and woulda played for the BCS title)

It's entirely possible that the B10 schedule didn't play into it at all and Michigan thought 4 games was too strict. But that wouldn't make sense if you truly believe they agreed to it prior.

Of course the BIG schedule didn't play into it at all.

Maybe if they were playing like @ Penn State or @ Sparty that 4th game. But not for fucking Rutgers at Home.

I just think it's funny you are acting like Michigan is the one that is wearing the pants here and that they are telling the NCAA to shove it. When to almost anyone outside of Michigan fans it looks much different.

It’s sort of like when you guys make Tressel’s rampant culture of breach of ethics, deceit and misconduct about “tattoos”.
Trolls gonna troll. Troll on little troll.

I think the university (and Harbaugh) were purposeful in choosing 3, not 4 or more.
I agree, they looked at others that lied and tried to match their punishment.

Im going to laugh so hard if this bites Michigan in the ass like it did Ohio State when we refused to just take penalties in 2011 for whatever reason and then ended up getting the ban hammer for 2012 (when we ended up going undefeated and woulda played for the BCS title)
Bites us in the ass how?

Harbaugh has always been expected to serve a 3-6 game suspension since all this began.

If the NCAA thought, say, a 5 game suspension was warranted, then really nothing changes. Instead of UM waiting for next season where those 5 games bleed into the B10, they'd tack two onto the season. Even if the NCAA decides a 6 game suspension, that's still 3 next year. There's really no way this could backfire if the NCAA is determined to add more games. They just end up split at the beginning of two seasons, with the least likelihood of harming the team on the field.

but I still suspect any further punishment will come down on assistants and not Harbaugh.

Bites us in the ass how?

Harbaugh has always been expected to serve a 3-6 game suspension since all this began.

If the NCAA thought, say, a 5 game suspension was warranted, then really nothing changes. Instead of UM waiting for next season where those 5 games bleed into the B10, they'd tack two onto the season. Even if the NCAA decides a 6 game suspension, that's still 3 next year. There's really no way this could backfire if the NCAA is determined to add more games. They just end up split at the beginning of two seasons, with the least likelihood of harming the team on the field.

but I still suspect any further punishment will come down on assistants and not Harbaugh.

I mean we really won't know the severity of everything until the NCAA releases all of their findings and rulings. But there is at minimum clearly something there, Michigan wouldn't be self suspending Harbaugh if there wasn't and this was just a "no big deal" thing.

I mean we really won't know the severity of everything until the NCAA releases all of their findings and rulings. But there is at minimum clearly something there, Michigan wouldn't be self suspending Harbaugh if there wasn't and this was just a "no big deal" thing.
It isn't a big deal. I mean, it's a violation. He's being punished for it. Having him would be better obviously. I don't think it impacts anything really, and is functionally a slap on the wrist for mostly nonsense games.

It isn't a big deal. I mean, it's a violation. He's being punished for it. Having him would be better obviously. I don't think it impacts anything really, and is functionally a slap on the wrist for mostly nonsense games.
MI does like to schedule those OOC HS teams.

Didn't they already come out with their "findings"? The suspension is due to Harbaugh refusing to cooperate with the NCAA as he insisted he did nothing wrong, because Harbaugh is a headache and thrives on being difficult.

If it were anything more serious -- we would have heard about it by now.

As far as UM self-imposing a 3 game suspension -- pretty self explanatory. You or I could coach the team the first three games and UM will still win by a landslide. They self imposed 3, so that if they come back and say it is a 5 game suspension, he will have already served 3 and he would only have to serve 2 more.