What If JFK Wasn’t a Conspiracy

I’ll tell everyone why I asked. Earlier this week I was asking two buddies of mine who are shooters about “zero” or sight in a weapon. At the time I asked I didn’t say it was about the JFK assassination. After some irrelevant/not applicable responses I gave them the actual context. Both agreed in that context you wouldn’t waste a shot on a zeroing of the weapon. He reiterated that there would be no need to sight in and it’s actually a pretty easy shot in his opinion.

Just a little while ago I got a text (on my group text with these two friends) from one of them telling me that he had just arrived in Dallas for a meeting tomorrow and our earlier discussion prompted him to drive to dealey plaza and walk around. He texted that after having stood there and looked up at the windows he was struck by how close everything is. He said “it’s all much smaller than I imagined”. I remembered thinking the same exact thing when I went there. I was wondering if anyone else had been there and thought the same thing. My experience has been almost everyone comments on how much smaller it is in person.

He also commented that he felt the grassy knoll was too close to actually be a shooting spot. Again, he had always thought one had been there but seeing in person how close it actually is he has changed his mind.

Exactly the same for me, i've been through Dallas probably six or seven times but stayed on 35 every time.

yeah… it’s not something you are gonna want to just drive thru. You are gonna wanna walk around it and take it in. You’ll need a few hours or an afternoon. That being said, you’ll only need to see it once.

yeah… it’s not something you are gonna want to just drive thru. You are gonna wanna walk around it and take it in. You’ll need a few hours or an afternoon. That being said, you’ll only need to see it once.

Oh I definitely will spend some time there.

Oh I definitely will spend some time there.

im amazed at the number of people on the street who try to get you buy their bullshit maps and stuff. Haha.

I read/heard a story that someone was over by the fence looking back at where the limo was and a local walked up to him and said “that’s the exact spot David Ferrie stood on the day Kennedy was shot!” The guy said “David Ferrie was in a courtroom in a different state the day Kennedy got shot”. The local (who was trying to sell some bullshit said) that’s what they want you to believe!

😂 😂😂

Gotta love America! Always try to make a buck.

BTW… both were wrong. Ferrie was in Houston

Last edited:
I’ve got a quick question for those that have been in this thread.

@Orlando_Eagles
@RoyMunson
@broncosmitty
@Nosferatu
@beardown07
@Mofo
@batchaps4me
@ill
@Fish
@ojb81
@Cobrabit

if I’ve left anyone out please tag them

Have you been to dealey plaza? Have you been up in the TSBD museum?

obviously, saying no doesn’t disqualify you or invalidate any opinions. I’m just curious how many have actually seen the sight lines, distances, layout, etc.

As we all know pictures and video can capture things much differently than they appear in real life.
Nope. But for some reason, I thought they had it somewhat blocked off anyway, to where you can't really get to the actual window?

Nope. But for some reason, I thought they had it somewhat blocked off anyway, to where you can't really get to the actual window?

i think the actual 6th floor window is blocked off but you can look from the street up to it.

@Orlando_Eagles
@RoyMunson
@broncosmitty
@Nosferatu
@beardown07
@Mofo
@batchaps4me
@ill
@Fish
@ojb81
@Cobrabit

obviously, saying no doesn’t disqualify you or invalidate any opinions. I’m just curious how many have actually seen the sight lines, distances, layout, etc.

As we all know pictures and video can capture things much differently than they appear in real life.
I've spent about 40 minutes in Dallas (that doesn't include the airport). It was hot and miserable, and I didn't get to Dealey. Plus, all the good BBQ is south of there.

I’ll tell everyone why I asked. Earlier this week I was asking two buddies of mine who are shooters about “zero” or sight in a weapon. At the time I asked I didn’t say it was about the JFK assassination. After some irrelevant/not applicable responses I gave them the actual context. Both agreed in that context you wouldn’t waste a shot on a zeroing of the weapon. He reiterated that there would be no need to sight in and it’s actually a pretty easy shot in his opinion.

Just a little while ago I got a text (on my group text with these two friends) from one of them telling me that he had just arrived in Dallas for a meeting tomorrow and our earlier discussion prompted him to drive to dealey plaza and walk around. He texted that after having stood there and looked up at the windows he was struck by how close everything is. He said “it’s all much smaller than I imagined”. I remembered thinking the same exact thing when I went there. I was wondering if anyone else had been there and thought the same thing. My experience has been almost everyone comments on how much smaller it is in person.

He also commented that he felt the grassy knoll was too close to actually be a shooting spot. Again, he had always thought one had been there but seeing in person how close it actually is he has changed his mind.
Since I’ve never been I’ve always kept my mouth shut on this, but I’ve always wondered if this is a place that would look larger on TV. On top of that places that where such a level of event happen often get seen as being bigger than they are.

I’ve seen where King was assassinated. I remember it striking me as shocking that it was….just a place. It wasn’t a huge looming building, just a place.

At any rate…..this is interesting feedback. I’m enough of a history fan that any trip to Dallas in my future is going to include some good time here.

Since I’ve never been I’ve always kept my mouth shut on this, but I’ve always wondered if this is a place that would look larger on TV. On top of that places that where such a level of event happen often get seen as being bigger than they are.

I’ve seen where King was assassinated. I remember it striking me as shocking that it was….just a place. It wasn’t a huge looming building, just a place.

At any rate…..this is interesting feedback. I’m enough of a history fan that any trip to Dallas in my future is going to include some good time here.

ya know, even though I’ve been there and it struck me as being small I never definitively said “oh that’s an easy shot” or “a shooter on the knoll would be easily spotted bc they are too close” because I’m not a shooter. I will say things like “a marine is rated at x,y,z feet and this is within that” but I don’t feel I’m qualified to say what is an easy shot and not an easy shot.

again, I’ll just say that this entire plaza struck me as very small. Much smaller than I imagined it in minds eye.

ya know, even though I’ve been there and it struck me as being small I never definitively said “oh that’s an easy shot” or “a shooter on the knoll would be easily spotted bc they are too close” because I’m not a shooter. I will say things like “a marine is rated at x,y,z feet and this is within that” but I don’t feel I’m qualified to say what is an easy shot and not an easy shot.

again, I’ll just say that this entire plaza struck me as very small. Much smaller than I imagined it in minds eye.
200-300 ft isn't a hard shot, especially from an elevated position. But add in that it was against a moving target and that it was a bolt action rifle that scored 2 of 3 hits in a small target area, while Oswald had to cycle the action and it becomes a lot more impressive. A lot of that comes down to training and repetition. Typically, I would expect this from someone trained in military or law enforcement. I seriously doubt I could do as well.

@Orlando_Eagles
@RoyMunson
@broncosmitty
@Nosferatu
@beardown07
@Mofo
@batchaps4me
@ill
@Fish
@ojb81
@Cobrabit

I havent

Thats what I've heard from others whom have also been there

I found this interesting video on MKUltra. As I said, I hadn’t heard about it in the context of JFK so I’m learning more about it. This video doesn’t really talk about JFK but rather puts those studies into context. The video says that at that period in time the US was doing “experiments” or studies with humans as live lab rats. The video talks about why. I think it’s worth a look. Here it is…

As you can see, the video talks about the book Chaos and a lot about Manson and how he MAY have been a human lab rat. It mentions other human lab rats like the unabomber. If anyone hasn’t heard about the study that the unabomber voluntarily participated in while attending Harvard university do yourself a favor and look into that. It’s really chilling stuff.

Watching this video I was reminded of another movie/documentary that I saw about a year ago. It’s called “Three Identical Strangers”. It’s the story of triplets who were separated at birth and each placed in a different “type” of family setting to see how they would behave as they grew up. One was placed in an affluent family. One was placed in a middle class family and one was placed in a poor family. They were studied and observed during their years growing up. The study was trying to prove what influenced people’s behaviors more: was it nature (biological) or nurture (their environment). The study was SANCTIONED by Yale university. Here’s the trailer…

If you haven’t seen this movie I HIGHLY recommend it! It is unbelievable what they did here. I won’t tell you more about it bc I don’t wanna spoil it but it’s the same general principle: human beings were used as human lab rats. My point is this type of behavior was NOT limited to the CIA. Reputable institutions of higher learning in conjunction with reputable psychiatrists were doing the same exact thing. Therefore, I have no doubt it was going on.

Last edited:
Was kinda disappointed when I went to Galveston.

The water at the beach looked like mud.
When we went down, there was seaweed in huge piles on the beach. We ate at Gaido's and decided to do a driving tour. I am like you, apart from supper, it was a wasted trip.

I found this interesting video on MKUltra. As I said, I hadn’t heard about it in the context of JFK so I’m learning more about it. This video doesn’t really talk about JFK but rather puts those studies into context. The video says that at that period in time the US was doing “experiments” or studies with humans as live lab rats. The video talks about why. I think it’s worth a look. Here it is…

As you can see, the video talks about the book Chaos and a lot about Manson and how he MAY have been a human lab rat. It mentions other human lab rats like the unabomber. If anyone hasn’t heard about the study that the unabomber voluntarily participated in while attending Harvard university do yourself a favor and look into that. It’s really chilling stuff.

Watching this video I was reminded of another movie/documentary that I saw about a year ago. It’s called “Three Identical Strangers”. It’s the story of triplets who were separated at birth and each placed in a different “type” of family setting to see how they would behave as they grew up. One was placed in an affluent family. One was placed in a middle class family and one was placed in a poor family. They were studied and observed during their years growing up. The study was trying to prove what influenced people’s behaviors more: was it nature (biological) or nurture (their environment). The study was SANCTIONED by Yale university. Here’s the trailer…

If you haven’t seen this movie I HIGHLY recommend it! It is unbelievable what they did here. I won’t tell you more about it bc I don’t wanna spoil it but it’s the same general principle: human beings were used as human lab rats. My point is this type of behavior was NOT limited to the CIA. Reputable institutions of higher learning in conjunction with reputable psychiatrists were doing the same exact thing. Therefore, I have no doubt it was going on.

I’m intrigued by this film and am going to have to check it out.

And it’s a solid point about how it’s not just the CIA that lab rats people. And maybe the efforts of MK get an even more sinister view with the CIA’s involvement. But, that’s always going to be the case when it’s sponsored by them.

And….while this historical event is more sourced in what is uncovered (even though it’s not fully uncovered) it is still not fully uncovered.

I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say that while they disclosed some of what they were doing to volunteers they might not have been fully truthful. That’s just accounting for where it’s been used on volunteers. Those that were unaware and tested on….someone feel free to correct me….but I’m not sure that’s ever been fully substantiated?

In such a case it could be a similar thing. CIA won’t fully disclose things (they try to never do that on principle) and that means that the skys the limit on the shit they might have done, like JFK.

For the record I believe they doses unaware civilians through places like brothels. It makes sense that it at least happened a little. I just don’t know that I’ve seen confirmation on it.

reputable psychiatrists
While I liked the whole comment these two words stuck in my craw. Quite frankly, I'm not sure such a thing exists.