Do you need a 5 iron?

Of course I want to get better at it, that's why I play and why I practice.

Paying some martian to teach me how to be a better middle aged hobbyist doesn't compute.

Aren't you a "golf instructor" yet you hit a house last week? How do they even vet "instructors"?
1602512834324.png

Reactions: ill
but I think it is much less of a change between 2000 and today compared to the change from 1965 to 2000.

still, you are murdering your 7 iron...and you should hit your 5W 5 yds further than your 7I, like Fish said.

so maybe having a couple clubs between your 6I and your 5W would be a good idea...
I'm not going to get 50 more yards. The driver was only about 50 more yards.

In my bag:

1, 3, 5, 7 woods
Hybrid
7, 8, 9 irons
PW
SW
Putter

I used to be pretty good, but I boned up my shoulder and haven't gone out in two years.

if you are 200 out, you are hitting your 7 iron...210 your 6 iron...

if you are getting that kind of yardage from those clubs, a clean hit with your 5W should get 250+ from the deck.

Then there is something wrong and you need to figure out what it is.

In my bag:

1, 3, 5, 7 woods
Hybrid
7, 8, 9 irons
PW
SW
Putter

I used to be pretty good, but I boned up my shoulder and haven't gone out in two years.
no one cares.

In my bag:

1, 3, 5, 7 woods
Hybrid
7, 8, 9 irons
PW
SW
Putter

I care pack

Driver
3 wood
3 hybrid 19 Degrees
4 hybrid 22 degrees
Ping G20 irons 5-9
Ping G20 pw, sw, gw, lw
One of my 15 putters

anyways...if I were you and you are serious, go to an actual pro who will fit your clubs to your game. If these clubs are meant to last you a while and you plan on growing into them some with your swing, get it done right.

Driver
3 wood
3 hybrid 19 Degrees
4 hybrid 22 degrees
Ping G20 irons 5-9
Ping G20 pw, sw, gw, lw
One of my 15 putters
what brand driver/woods/hybrids?

shoot, I will just start a "what's in your bag" thread...then people will care about packjason

anyways...if I were you and you are serious, go to an actual pro who will fit your clubs to your game. If these clubs are meant to last you a while and you plan on growing into them some with your swing, get it done right.
They do fittings there. I believe they'll set me up on the fancy simulator that measures the club head, and make adjustments as needed

shoot, I will just start a "what's in your bag" thread...then people will care about packjason

Why you gotta be so mean?

Last edited:

Driver, 3 wood, hybrids all TaylorMade SLDR.